This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

With just about a week left until spring, the time has come to switch things up and to try new things. One of my favorite ways to change up a look, no matter the time of year, is by incorporating and using nail polish colors that represent the current season or holiday. Nail polish is a fun way to express yourself and elevate any look. You can look more put together by using nail polish while also adding that fun pop of color that represents you. As a self-proclaimed nail polish addict, I strongly believe nail polish adds that extra something that just makes you feel better about your look and yourself. Here are five nail polish colors that scream all things spring!

Butter Yellow

One of my current favorite colors for spring is butter yellow, and it also makes a great nail polish color. Yellow represents all things happy, bright, and hopeful. But the key to butter yellow is to make sure it’s a true pastel yellow – nothing too bright. The shade is perfectly executed in Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri x Mentos Collection, “You’re the Zest.” Butter yellow would also be the perfect base to pair with glitter or topper nail polish. I specifically think Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri x Mentos Collection in “Cutie Fruitie” would be a great combination with “You’re the Zest.” “Cutie Fruitie” is a topper nail polish with a bunch of colorful confetti. The duo forms a perfectly put-together springtime look. Overall, butter yellow is a unique color that has that softness that emulates the season.

Lavender

A soft hue of purple pairs perfectly with the season of flowers. While lavender is a mellow shade, it also has a mauvy undertone that makes it appear more neutral. The shade “Laven-Dear,” part of the Sally Hansen Good.Kind.Pure Nail Polish Collection, would be great to try as well as Revlon’s Nail Enamel shade, “Enchanting.” Lavender is an elegant color that isn’t too soft yet exudes a certain beauty and confidence when worn.

Pastel Blue 

The next dazzling spring shade is a light, pastel blue. A long-time favorite shade of mine, pastel blue is a subtle yet ultimately dreamy color. I especially love Wet n Wild’s Fast Dry AF Nail Color in the shade, “Sin-derella,” from their new line. “Sin-derella” has these little specks of white glitter that give off that glistening and calm look. I also adore Sinful Color’s shade, “Candy Hearts.” It’s a matte blue that is eye-catching. Pastel blue would also look great with white or butter yellow if you wanted to add flowers or some type of design to the blue base coat.

Light Green 

No color represents springtime more than the color green! It’s one of the main colors of flowers, plants, trees, grass, basically what makes the season what it is. While there are many light green colors out there, muted yet popping shades are great such as L.A. Girl Cosmetics’ Gel Like Nail Polish in the shade, “Flex.” “Express to Impress,” part of Essie Expressie’s Quick-Dry Nail Polish, is a softer green that radiates that lively and earthy feeling.

White 

No springtime color list could be complete without white. White is a fresh and clean color that perfectly captures the spring feeling. The season is all about starting over and starting new. White represents that clean slate and new hope. It’s a color that goes with everything and can be changed up in so many different ways. Nail polish toppers are always perfect to give white that extra something special as well as flower designs on top of the white in any color. My favorites include Revlon’s Colorstay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel in “Sure Thing” and Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Nail Polish in “White on Time.”

As you spring ahead, remember these nail tips! Painting your nails is a simple task that can make you feel so much more put together and confident. Nail polish is a fun way to show off different layers of yourself. So, this spring, try any of these colors to feel that fresh energy and to feel more alive with the season. I, for one, am looking forward to using all of these (especially butter yellow) on my nails. Let your colors shine through!

Gabrielle Chaudry is the president and editor-in-chief at the Her Campus at Susqu chapter. She oversees the editing of articles. Beyond Her Campus, Gabrielle has written for The Quill, Susquehanna University's student newspaper and she has been editor-in-chief of her high school's newspaper. Gabrielle is also a section editor of Susquehanna's yearbook, The Lanthorn. She is currently a senior at Susquehanna University, majoring in journalism with a political science minor and honors minor. In her free time, Gabrielle enjoys writing, reading, and listening to pop music. She's a Hallmark movie lover and finds joy decorating for the holidays and seasons.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University