5 Items I Bought on Amazon That You Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

After starting college, I became obsessed with Amazon, prime shipping, and the array of products Amazon carries. Also, before I get too far into this post, all college students should remember that Amazon offers a free trial of prime with an educational email address. That way you can get addicted like I am. This post is going to be my top 5 products that I have ordered from Amazon that are useful and can still be ordered. Enjoy!

Cactus Tapestry

When I moved into college, everyone had tapestries and I started wanting one too. I wasn’t willing to pay a ton of money on Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, etc. I decided to look on Amazon and they have exact dupes for expensive ones. If you aren’t the biggest fan of cacti, they have so many other designs/ patterns that there is bound to be one for you. This one in particular is durable and can be easily hung with Velcro command strips. Since putting it up I understand why everyone has tapestries. This just made my dorm look much more put together and it’s a conversation piece for sure. 

Mrs. Meyer’s Multipurpose Cleaner

Something I feel like everyone forgets when going into college is that you’ll need to clean your space. This cleaner works for floors, desks, windowsills, and any surface you can think of. This brand has several scents, but the peppermint makes the space smell fresh and clean. It cleans up most messes pretty well and comes in handy at the worst moments. I ended up buying this product when I needed to clean up my floor but Windex and water couldn’t fix it. 10/10 would recommend this product as a one stop shop for all of your cleaning needs. 

Corkcicle Insulated Products

Insulated water bottles are your best friend in college. I love this water bottle because it keeps my drinks hot or cold, comes in a variety of colors and sizes, and could even hold a whole bottle of wine if you get a bigger size. Sometimes my class schedule is very hectic and it’s nice to be able to have a ton of water or beverage of my choice. It keeps water so cold and there’s enough room to last through a few classes. Corkcicle also makes coffee thermoses and wine glasses that have the same benefits as this bad boy. When you need your morning coffee on the go, these products are perfect. Corkcicle is pretty cheap when compared to Yeti or Hydroflask and it does the same thing. It’s also a good idea to be more eco-friendly on campus and plastic water bottles are a huge waste on campus. 

Webcam Covers

When I was younger, I saw a crime show where a man hacked into a girl’s webcam and watched her through her computer. Ever since then I have been TERRIFIED of someone spying on me through a camera. This product saves my butt. Just place these over your webcam, iPad camera, even your phone camera. It has a slide feature that allows you to use your camera if you need to, while also hiding you from creepy stalkers when you aren’t using it. This may not be the most prevalent thing to think about it college, but I always think it’s better to be safe than sorry. They are not too expensive for a pack of two. You and a friend could easily split the cost and both stay protected. This is also a great gift stuffer idea from Christmas, Easter, or if you’re sending a care package to a college student.

Pilot G2 Multicolored Pens

These are my FAVORITE pens to use. I color code my notes daily, and these are the smoothest pens I’ve used yet. Typically with gel pens I have to keep scribbling to get them to work, and even then they don’t look the best. These don’t skip and come in a handy variety pack. I use a different color pen every day to organize my notes. I date any papers I get with the same color so it’s easier to find the notes that coincide with the handouts. Honestly, if you’re in the market for new pens this might be your saving grace. They also come in little packs if you don’t want to commit to the whole 20 pens. These would even be good black pens to use in interviews or important meetings. 

SU' 20 • Vanderpump Rules Enthusiast • Dog Fanatic • I'm just a college girl with champagne taste on a beer budget.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University