This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

The skin is the largest external organ on our bodies, and it’s extremely important to take care of it all year round – especially your facial skin. Just think about it, our face is the one part of our body that has to face *no pun intended* the harsh seasonal weather, the bacteria we contract by subconsciously touching our face, and the horrible skin-aging blue light emitted by our devices. As a result, most of us break out, get dry skin, or get one or two wrinkles before the age of 21. To avoid any of this, or at least minimize the causes I make sure to apply four life-saving products to my face every week. Now, before I lay these things down, keep in mind that what may work for me may not work for you which is totally okay, just keep testing things out!

Anyhow, here’s a list of the 4 things I must do to care for my face:

1. Wipe away leftover dirt with a toner

If you wear makeup or heavy moisturizers like sunscreen on a daily, a toner like Dickinson’s Witch Hazel does a great job at picking up the dirt. It also minimizes pores and acts like a moisturizer so your skin won’t feel as dry after applying it.

2. Moisturize every morning with sunscreen or day cream

UV rays are no fun and neither is the blue light your phones and laptops emit. So if you don’t want to age faster than what you already are, get your self some sunscreen.

3. Exfoliate at least twice a week

I generally use any face scrub to exfoliate, but right now I’m using Formula 10.0.6 which I love! It smells like berries and leaves my face feeling smooth.

4. Attack any random breakouts with drying lotion

Mario Badescu’s drying lotion is intended for all skin types, so if you have a breakout before a big day, put some drying lotion before bed to reduce the redness. You’ll thank me later.

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University