priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

4 Valentine’s Date Ideas for You and Your Long Distance Partner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It’s hard to believe, but the first month of 2020 is already over, and that Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! College is a great place to meet potential partners, but some people, nonetheless, choose to maintain their high school relationships from afar. If this applies to you, then consider these simple ideas to feel closer to your partner during the season of love:

Have a study date

This might not be the most glamorous idea, but hear me out. If both of you are students, then you’re both probably drowning in work; why not have a video chat study date? You can chill out with your partner and get a little work done at the same time!

Watch something together

Applications like Watch2Gether make it easy for you to watch videos with people who are far away from you. My girlfriend and I especially enjoy using this particular application because you can design your own personal chat room, but if you want to watch something that isn’t on one of the video sharing sites that Watch2Gether supports, you can always do the classic “press the play button at the same time” trick.

Doodle something together

There are several online drawing applications like aggie.io that allow you to draw in real-time with someone over the internet. Invite your SO to come make silly little doodles with you!

Try online gaming

One great way to feel closer to your long-distance partner is to play video games with them! What you play would depend on your personal tastes. For example, my girlfriend and I quite enjoy playing Stardew Valley, which is a relaxing farm simulator. A quick Google search will also reveal a variety of free web browser games that support online multiplayer.

Whether you’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day or not, I hope you have a lovely February!

I'm a sophomore Publishing & Editing and Graphic Design double major as well as an editor at and the treasurer of Her Campus Susquehanna. I love to draw, read, and play video games in my free time.