This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Grey’s Anatomy is the best show I have ever watched by far. It tackles topics that most shows don’t and has an incredible storyline that captivates my interest. While it is absolutely heartbreaking at times (Mark Sloan, Lexie Grey, George O’Malley, and Derek Shepherd definitely deserved better), there have also been many times that I have cried happy tears while watching. The characters in this show prove that not everybody is perfect, but everybody is capable of bringing something good to the people in their lives (except Paul Stadler, he never did anything good). This show teaches life lessons and almost makes you feel like you’re experiencing everything right along with them. With that, here is a list of 13 Grey’s Anatomy quotes to live by. 

If you love someone you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground. You say it. You say it loud.

– Mark Sloan

Just because people do horrible things, it doesn’t always mean they’re horrible people.

– Izzie Stevens

I’m a human being, I make mistakes. I’m flawed, we all are.

– Derek Shepherd

Walk tall. All you can do is be brave enough to get out there. You fought. You loved. You Lost. Walk tall.

– Mark Sloan

Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are.

– Cristina Yang

I’ve had to give up things but what I’ve learned is that I don’t need much. I don’t need much to be happy.

– Arizona Robbins

Not everyone has to be happy all the time. That isn’t mental health. That’s crap.

– Meredith Grey

You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive.

– Alex Karev

It’s good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose.

– Richard Webber

When we follow our hearts, when we choose not to settle. It’s funny, isn’t it? A weight lifts, the sun shines a little brighter, and for a brief moment, we find a little peace.

– Meredith Grey

If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, stop accepting crap and demand something more.

– Cristina Yang

And if you can’t do it, if you aren’t willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping, even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed.

– Amelia Shepherd

When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don’t let go.

– Meredith Grey

My name is Kelsey and I am a first year marketing major. I have always enjoyed writing, whether it be poetry, personal letters, narratives, or really anything else. I love sharing my story and helping others! I am a strong believer that being kind will take you far in life, and it is always good to bring out the joy in others. "You’re not a victim for sharing your story. You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage." - Alex Elle
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University