This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Tanya Rad is a radio personality on On-Air with Ryan Seacrest. She also co-hosts a podcast with Becca Tilley called “Scrubbing In” (10/10 recommend), which is how I learned about her. Perhaps the happiest person I’ve ever encountered in my life, she’s such a light in this world and is notorious on the podcast for her totally random, yet absolutely killer quotes. Here are just a few I’ve collected while listening that can make any woman feel genuinely empowered:

1. “I’m a modern woman.”
  2. “You’re not the dispensary; you’re the sanctuary.”
  3. “Be open to the possibility, but not attached to the outcome.”
  4. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.”
  5. “If they need you temporarily, ignore them permanently!”
  6. “A man’s rejection is God’s protection.”
  7. “Don’t be hurt by someone else’s shortcomings.”
  8. “You are your longest relationship.”
  9. “He’s not the sun. You are.”
  10. “I know what I’m worth. And I’m not giving any more discounts!”

There is a context provided with each of these quotes, but I’ll leave them open to your interpretation. Moral of the story, though, is that Tanya’s been hurt before, but knows her worth and wants you to realize yours, too. You know what they say… empowered women empower women! Hopefully, these quotes will leave you feeling like the queen you are. Let us know what makes you feel empowered by tweeting us @HCSusquehanna!

Jersey girl who loves The Bachelor, burritos, boybands, and basically anything basic. Member of the Class of 2020 at Susquehanna University studying Stretigic Communications: Advertising and Marketing and Art History.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University