Wellness

10 Instagram Accounts for all Your Self-Care Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It is not a surprise that many of us spend hours on Instagram every week, but what may be more surprising is how much it can affect your mental health—even if you are not aware of it. Making sure I have positive posts in my feed is a great way for me to make sure I am taking care of myself and checking in on how I am feeling. The ten accounts listed below all have amazing content creators running them who promote self-love and self-care, and I encourage you to check them out!

1. @crazyheadcomics

This account is run by a Swedish artist named Matilda who uses comics to advocate for and shed light on different mental health issues. Her colorful illustrations help to destigmatize mental health issues while moving the conversation about self-care forward.

2. @positivelypresent

Dani, a Washington D.C. based artist, uses the app procreate to design pictures and videos that aim to help people navigate their emotions. She even has a book, ”Grow Through It”, that features many of her Instagram posts!

3. @morganharpernichols

Morgan Harper Nichols is an American musician, songwriter, artist, and poet who writes powerful pieces of poetry to empower others. Her unique posts are captivating, and she typically posts every day on Instagram.

4. @healthline

This page contains posts revolving around both physical and mental health to ensure your overall well-being. They also have featured stories on their page specifically related to mental health, COVID-19, and mindfulness.

5. @theanxietyhealer

Alison Seponara, MS, LPC, is an anxiety healer and a cognitive behavioral therapy expert. Her posts provide examples of coping mechanisms for those who suffer from anxiety, and she also recommends anxiety healing books, apps, and podcasts.

6. @wetheurban

This black-owned page focuses on celebrating “inclusivity, self-love, and marginalized voices”. Their posts usually contain important reminders and affirmations as the cover photo with other related content following in the thread.

7. @gmf.designs

Gabby Frost is a Philadephia mental health advocate and designer who uses her platform to share reminders that no one is defined by their mental health diagnosis and that we are all worthy of love regardless of our struggles.

8. @poetryofdhiman

Dhiman is an artist who writes and creates poems related to self-compassion and self-love. They also have a new book titled “You Matter” that can be found on Amazon.

9. @fighthroughmentalhealth

Hannah Rose aims to “raise awareness, educate, and break the stigma of mental health illnesses.” She is also is a makeup artist and can be found at @hannahamakeup!

10. @what.is.mental.illness

This page, run by Jade, posts different graphics to educate people on different mental illnesses. Her posts are typically color coordinated on her page, with the color theme gradually changing throughout her page.

Hey! I'm Nicole and I'm a sophomore Biochemistry and Sociology Major with a Women and Gender Studies Minor at Susquehanna University. When I'm not writing articles for HerCampus or in a science lab, you can catch me with friends, going to Dunkin, or cuddling up with my dog.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University