This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

With the WandaVision finale last night and the first part of Phase 4 of the MCU coming to an end, there is a lot to look forward to regarding Marvel movies and television. With the introduction of new and unique content in the WandaVision series, the Marvel content following will be ones to watch if you are a Marvel fan like me. Below, I have laid out a timeline of some of the upcoming Marvel releases for Phase for 2021.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (series)

Release Date: March 19, 2021

Following WandaVision is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series on Disney +, which picks up after the events of Avengers: Endgame. It will deal with Sam Wilson and his decision to pick up the shield and the “Captain America” name that Steve passed down to him at the end of the movie. Wilson and Bucky Barnes, the former Winter Soldier, will try to reintegrate into society in this story, which head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige describes as a “cinematic experience.” The series will consist of six episodes and bring back some familiar faces to the cast, with Emily VanCamp and Daniel Bruhl reprising their roles as Sharon Carter and Zemo.

Black Widow (movie)

Release Date: May 7, 2021

After its 2020 release date being pushed off because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the long-awaited Black Widow movie is finally getting its time to shine. Featuring a star-studded cast, including David Harbour, Florence Pugh, and Rachel Weisz, the story takes place after the events of Captain America: Civil War. The plot sees Natasha Romanoff returning to the former Soviet Union to deal with unresolved issues with her “spy” family. The movie is also a symbolic passing of a baton from Natasha to Yelena, as this is Johansson’s last hurrah before she leaves the MCU. It has been a long time coming for many Black Widow fans, as they have been calling on Marvel to give her a solo film, so it will be a nice send-off for them to be able to say goodbye to the beloved character.

Loki (series)

Release Date: June 11, 2021

Everyone’s favorite trickster is finally getting his own series. Tom Hiddleston is returning as the God of Mischief in the Disney + series, following a story where the version of the character who escaped from custody in Endgame with a copy of the Space Stone. Time travel is a big part of this series, as Loki finds himself part of the Time Variance Authority, dealing with divergent timelines. Loki is a beloved character for many fans, so it will be exciting to see him in his debut solo outing.

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings

Release Date: July 9, 2021

The film is based on Marvel’s 1970s comic book The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu, which tells the story of Shang-Chi, the song of the legendary villain Fu Manchu. He soon learns the truth about his father’s business and uses his martial art abilities against his father and other Marvel foes. This film is the first predominantly Asian-led Marvel movie, which means a lot regarding representation of Asian heroes in the MCU.

The Eternals

Release Date: November 5, 2021

Directed by Chloe Zhao, the film is based on the characters and storylines created by the legendary Jack Kirby. The Eternals are a race of extremely powerful proto-humans created by the Celestials, to harness large amounts of cosmic energy. The film will center around the Eternals reuniting after living on Earth in secret for thousands of years, to protect humanity from their evil counterparts, the Deviants. The cast is stacked with famous actors, including Angelina Jolie, Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, and Salma Hayek.

Lauren Comeau is a senior at Suffolk University with a major in Print and Web Journalism. She is originally from North Reading, MA. At Suffolk, she is a member of the Program Council, hosts her own nighttime radio show, and enjoys writing for the university's chapter of Her Campus. Lauren is an avid movie fan, loves One Direction, and often spends long hours experimenting with new baking recipes.