Wallet-Friendly Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As February begins, the topic of love is heavy in the air. Valentine’s Day is a holiday for the couples and lovers, however, knowing what to get your significant other and also how to fund that, can be challenging for many people. Being a college student, I know firsthand just how expensive holidays like this can be, so I’ve included some cute gift ideas that are budget-friendly.  

If you’re shopping for a fashion lover, chances are they may be picky about what items they like; Etsy is a site that features thousands of pieces of clothing, and it is a staple for myself when online shopping. Though some pieces can be pricey, you can find much cheaper items than you would on Depop. There are products specific to Valentine’s Day that you can customize, and they have much more beyond that. In addition, Cambridge has many thrift shops to explore, and although they can be expensive, stores like the Garment District have deals that are college student friendly.  

When shopping for someone artistic it may also be a tough time getting something you know they would love. Once again, Etsy has so many different items ranging from jewelry to wall art, which are typically pretty inexpensive. One piece of wall art, Matisse Print Set of 3 Digital Download Wall Art Printable – Etsy, is only twelve dollars and the design is amazing; artists like this are abundant on this website and I seriously suggest browsing for different options. Many pieces are also customizable and you can cater exactly to the person you’re buying for.  

For those that love adventure and trying new things, there are a bunch of games suited for couples that make for a fun date night. Amazon holds many different games you can play with each other and they range anywhere between fifteen to twenty five dollars. This game in particular is fun in the moment and after, providing future date ideas while discovering what your partner may find fun doing. Amazon is a great tool, especially when looking for inexpensive gifts; These slippers are an inexpensive and super comfortable option for a significant other! 

If you’re buying for someone who loves skincare or beauty as a whole, there are many different stores available to look at; coming from someone who loves this sort of thing, gift cards are always appreciated, however, a college budget may not allow for that. The brand TonyMoly is a skincare company that sells different types of facemasks depending on what the skincare need is; these facemasks can get as inexpensive as $4 per mask. Another option is perfume, which may depend on what fragrance the person likes, however, the Vera Wang Princess Perfume has the cutest packaging which is worth noting. 

Phone charms are a new trend that adds a bit of flare to a phone; they’re typically pretty inexpensive and look super cute as a phone accessory. Etsy has many different options, even ones that are customizable, perfect for the holiday. Temu has even more options for an even cheaper price, along with clothing and jewelry specifically catered to Valentine’s Day.  

Em Maher

Suffolk '26

Hi! My name is Em Maher and I am a sophomore at Suffolk University studying sociology and law. I'm originally from Salem, MA and am currently studying abroad in Florence, IT.