“The Vampire Diaries” Takes Over Cambridge!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Vampires, Werewolves, and Hybrids galore! Everyone knows these terms from the hit television series on the CW network called, “The Vampire Dairies.” Now imagine all of that plus the actors and actresses that play them all together in BOSTON! Well, that is exactly what happened last weekend at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge! The hotel hosted a Vampire Diaries convention with cast favorites like Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvatore), Paul Wesley (Stefan Salvatore), Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley), Matt Davis (Alaric Saltzman), Daniel Gillies (Elijah), and more! What exactly did this convention consist of? Photo ops with your favorite cast members, private meet and greets, autograph sessions, and Q&A panels with everyone’s favorite vampires! We were lucky enough to partake in all of these events. First, we were able to score a photo op with the nicer Salvatore Vampire, Paul Wesley! Paul was very down to earth and kind like his character on the show. As we took the picture, he was nice enough to ask how each person was, as well as thank us for attending.

(HC Suffolk team members Amanda Macolino and Madison Hagan meeting Paul Wesley AKA Stefan!)

After that, we had some time to kill, so we were casually walking around the convention when we bumped into Matt Davis, Ian Somerhalder, and Paul Wesley all going to the bathroom! They were just as funny as their characters, and were making jokes with the fans before they would go into the bathroom. We then attended 3 private Q&A panels with Matt Davis, Phoebe Tonkin, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley. We were lucky enough to get to ask them all questions and chat with them about their favorite scenes they’ve done on the show and more. All in all, it was a great Sunday at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge for any Vampire Diary fan, who loves the show and Boston! If you haven’t watched the show and want to start, Netflix carries seasons 1-6 so you can binge watch all of the Vampires, Werewolves, and Hybrids to your hearts desire! And if you are all caught up, Season 7 is now airing on the CW network on Thursdays at 8 pm.