This Is Us Fall Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If you don’t already watch the number one show on television, you really need to start. This Is Us captivated audiences last season with its relatable and heartwarming storylines about the Pearson family. This season for sure will be no different. Last season ended with Pearson patriarch, Jack, possibly moving out after a major fight with his wife Rebecca. After following their beautiful journey as a young couple throughout the first season, fans were devastated. In addition to this heartbreak, fans also found out halfway through the first season that Jack was no longer alive in the present day, leaving them to wonder what had happened. Even after the season finale, that major question was still left unanswered.

Season one of This Is Us left fans really itching to get some spoilers, or at least a time machine to take them to next season. Flash forward a few months, and here we are FINALLY. The second season is guaranteed to bring answers according to many of its stars and producers.

Two episodes in, and already fans are learning more and more. For starters, Jack is back with Rebecca, but only after admitting to alcoholism and agreeing to get help. Thank god that rough patch is partially over. It seems all is well in the first episode, even the present-day Pearson’s are doing well. Randall and his wife are adopting, Kate is finally starting to audition for gigs, and Kevin is working on a new acting project, as well as settling into his reborn relationship with ex-wife Sophie.

Just when things are going good though, This Is Us hits us with a cliffhanger. We sort of found out how Jack died at the end of the episode. It seems this season is really going to progressively answer a lot of the first seasons questions.

The series is only heading into its sophomore season and it’s at the top of its game. If you don’t watch, now is certainly the time to start binging, as this season sure is shaping up to be a good one. If you enjoy a family feel good television show, this is definitely the one for you. Be sure to catch it on Tuesday nights at 9 pm on NBC, or you can watch it online or on the NBC app. You definitely do not want to miss out on this show, that’s for sure.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.