This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The end of the semester always comes around faster than we think and suddenly the giant project we had all semester to work on is due in 2 days on top of all the other papers to write and exams to study for. It can be an incredibly overwhelming couple of weeks as we’re trying to get everything done on time. However, it is important that we’re still taking care of ourselves. Here are a few tips for surviving the end of the semester:

Get enough sleep

I can’t stress enough how important a good night’s sleep is. The night before your exam or a big presentation, don’t stay up all night cramming and practicing. Get at least 8 hours of sleep or however much your body normally needs. This will allow you to go into your exam or presentation being well-rested, with a clear mind, ready to take on the final.  

Image from: youngandraw.com

Drink plenty of water

Sometimes it seems like “drink more water” is the cure for everything, but it really does make a difference. For me, staying hydrated help keeps me awake and focused longer, and gives me more energy to get my work done.

Stay on top of due dates

If you bought your planner in September and haven’t used it since then, finals week is the week you’re going to want to find where you left it and start getting organized. Due dates are going to be coming at you left and right and you’re going to want to know what’s due when. Staying on top of finals, and doing a little bit each day makes the week much less overwhelming.

Image from: scatteredsquirrel.com

Don’t forget about self-care and take a break

While studying and getting everything done is important, don’t forget to take care of yourself in the process. If you’ve studied for two hours straight, take a snack break. Watch one episode of Netflix for every two pages of a paper you’ve written. If you spent all day working hard on projects, end the night with a face mask and a pint of your favorite ice cream. These small acts of self-care make finals week a little more bearable.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.