This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.
Now that it’s getting colder, out wardrobe choices become a little more limited: jeans or leggings (and let’s be honest, we all know which one we wear more). If you’re like me, you’d rather wear a skirt or a dress, and packing these spring/summer items away officially marks the beginning of the winter season. But you don’t need to put your favorite skirts and dresses away just yet; tights are a great way to transition from warmer to cooler temperatures. Not to mention, they’re a great way to trick people into thinking you look pulled together, even if you feel the complete opposite. Read on to see ways to rock tights this season!

Dotted Tights                   

Dotted tights are playful, but still allow the wearer to be taken seriously. Paid with a circle skirt and pumps, this is a great look for an interview, or an internship look!

Chevron Tights

Some people may say that chevron is out, but this pair of tights has a chevron pattern subtle enough that they almost look opaque. Worn with a grey sweater, black skirt and black booties, the details of the tights can stand out.

Wool Tights

You might think I’m crazy recommending a pair of $47 tights from REI, but hear me out. When it’s super cold outside and you have a fancy event to go to where a dress or a skirt would be a better option than pants, these are your go-tos. The wool will keep you warm even when it’s freezing out. To even out the materials, I would recommend wearing these with a lighter dress or top/skirt combination, so you don’t get overheated.

Bow Back Seam Tights

From the front, these tights look like regular black opaque tights. But, once you turn around, people will notice the bows that are stitched onto the seams of the tights! Pair these with a mini skirt or dress with black booties to let the tights do the talking.

Colorful Tights

Sometimes when you’re all bundled up, colorful tights are a great way to add a pop of color to your outfits. These tights are perfect for the upcoming holiday season without being overbearing.

Floral Tights

We tend to think of floral clothing/accessories/anything as spring or summery. But when tights like these are paired with the right shoes and outfit, they work quite well for the colder months. I like Nasty Gal’s idea of pairing the floral tights with heavier looking shoes, like these ones, to balance out the delicateness of the tights.

Black Tights

Finally, you cannot go wrong with a pair of black opaque tights. They go with any outfit for any occasion, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t have multiple pairs of black tights to wear throughout the season.
Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell