Suffolk University Dance Company Captain: Carly Pascale!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Year: Senior, Suffolk 2014

Major: Public Relations, Minor in Business Management

Hometown: Cheshire, CT

Favorite part about Suffolk? My favorite part about Suffolk University is the beautiful city campus. Boston is an amazing place to live!

How long have you danced for? I’ve been dancing since I was 6 years old and was trained in classical ballet for 9 years.

Favorite type of dance and why? My favorite type of dance is hip hop/jazz. I love to have fun and show off my different styles on stage.

When did you become involved in the dance company? I joined the dance company my freshman year of college. I knew I wanted to be involved with Suffolk’s community and have fun through dancing.

What has been your biggest accomplishment as a member of the dance company? One of my proudest accomplishments as a member of the dance company was being selected to be a part of the interview team to find a new coach during my sophomore year. It took weeks to find the right person to direct our team…and with hard work and dedication we found our current coach, Jessica Goephert who has been a wonderful asset to the company.

What has been your biggest struggle as captain? My biggest struggle as captain would be fitting in all my other responsibilities on top of my captainship duties!

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? …I hate answering this question! I love to live in the moment and see what the future may bring!

Who is your biggest inspiration? My biggest inspiration would have to be my family. They are so supportive of everything I do and have taught me never to give up. Even when I am so stressed out with school, work, and dance I always turn to them for support.

Random Quick Facts about Carly!

Fun fact about yourself: I am a die hard Yankee fan living in Boston…I try to stay discrete, but the Yankee tattoo gives it away. Oops.

Favorite Movie: Dirty Dancing..duh

Favorite Restaurant in Boston: The Warehouse and The 21st Amendment (I work at both!)

Favorite Holiday: Christmas. Hands down.

Fondest Memory at Suffolk: My friends. Couldn’t have asked for better memories with the friends that I’ve made at Suffolk.

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.