This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Besides Mother Nature’s crazy mood swings, Spring is finally in the air! But then comes that awkward in between weather when you don’t know whether to wear a dress and sandals or a jacket and boots. Here in New England, if it’s 60 degrees out in March, you will most certainly see people running shirtless outside and already going to the beach. But if you’re asking yourself if it’s too early to wear shorts and flip flops in April, then it might be a little too early…

In the early Spring, my go-to outfit is always a light sweater paired with some jeans, a light jacket, and some cute slip on sneakers. I don’t break out my shorts & sandals until mid May because let’s be honest… You never know what this weather will bring anymore. Who knew we’d get snow in April? Mother Nature has April fooled us!

So here are your essential items that may help you dress for that warm & chilly weather!

Light Jacket:

My go-to jacket is my leather jacket. Some prefer to wear leather jackets as a night-time look or as a fall/winter look, but I say screw it! If you want to go for the “bad girl” look, then a leather jacket is a must in your wardrobe.

$35 on boohoo.com

Check it Out Here!

Now, this cute rose pink jacket is perfect for a day-time look! It’s perfect for those days where it’s a little bit chilly, but not too cold that you need your heavy duty winter jacket. The color is so #spring.

$30 on boohoo.com

Check it Out Here!

You can’t forget about the classic jacket for this time of the year… This oversized denim jacket is so chic I want it for myself!

$64 at Urban Outfitters

Check it Out Here!

Shoes:

Easy slip on shoes like these are my absolute favorite! They make any outfit look cute and they’re perfect for the Spring weather. You can also find these types of shoes in any color.

$31 on asos.com

Check it Out Here!

Who doesn’t love a good pair of comfortable Converse? I wear mine so much that people probably think that they’re the only shoes I own… Again, you can get these in other colors and as high-tops.

$50 at Macy’s

Check it Out Here!

Lace up flats are perfect for dressing up a day-time and even night-time outfit. I have yet to find myself a pair of these… They’re so fetch!

$43 on asos.com

Check it Out Here!

To top off these items, you can combine them with a pair of ripped jeans/ black denim pants and a light sweater (or a tank top/v-neck under the jackets). If you’re feeling a little more creative and maybe aren’t having a good hair day, a good ol’ floppy hat that will make your outfit look extra fab!

Happy Spring!! :)

xoxo