Spring Break Travel Made Easy – A Carry On Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

In the midst of daydreaming about your spring break travels, you may actually forget what is most important here – ensuring your trip is as easy as possible so you can dedicate all of your energy to enjoying that warm weather!!! As sad as it is, it’s easy to put a damper on your vacation by forgetting something important OR by having to lug around a heavy bag because you’ve overpacked. Make sure you find the perfect balance by making sure your carry on is equipped with the following essentials:

Lip Balm – Although your journey may be leading you to a much warmer place, we must still remember it is March and our lips are naturally in need of some TLC. Pack a lip balm (if you’re going to be in the sun, preferably one that includes SPF!) in your bag in be sure to use it generously.

A good book – This may very well be the most important item on the list. Reading can be a perfect way to kill the extra time you’ll have waiting at the airport, sitting on the plane, or, on a more positive thought, while basking in the sun on the beach. As much as we love our phones, you’ll quickly remember how hard it is to see the screen while you’re somewhere sunny.

Freshening Items – We all know how tired, gross, and dirty we feel after a flight! To keep yourself looking your best, pack a Colgate Wisp travel sized toothbrush, Garnier Skin Active Refreshing Cleansing Face Towelettes and a travel sized dry shampoo for a quick brush up when you arrive to your destination. You’ll be surprised what a difference it makes!

Hand lotion and sanitizer – It’s not just your lips that are at risk of getting dry, so don’t forget about your hands! Additionally, any time you’re traveling you’re dealing with lots and lots of germs, so it’s never a bad idea to have some sanitizer on hand. There’s nothing worse than having your vacation ruined by illness!

Power Bar – Traveling can make for some uncertainty as far as the eating schedule goes, so it’s always better to be safe than sorry and pack a snack for the trip. Stay away from sugary things that won’t fill you up much and turn to something that will keep the hunger away for hours and go with an energy bar such as RX bars of CLIF bars. They taste surprisingly good and you won’t have to sacrifice that spring break diet!

The Big Three – If you’re going to remember anything, let it be these three items: headphones, a charger, and gum. Just imagine being stuck somewhere without one of these three things and you’ll understand exactly why they are so important.