Ok girls, it is almost that time of year to pack those sexy bikinis for Spring Break! The hottest styles, colors, and bikini bod tips for 2012 await you…
- It is finally time to prepare for Spring Break!
- Start exercising and eating right! (cut out those extra indulgences: red velvet cupcakes, even though they look cute and taste delicious).
- Water is your best friend: drink lots of it to make sure your complexion shines.
- Moisturizeyour skin daily to make it smooth and silky.
- Shopfor the look that works best for your body type and skin tone. Pay attention to the colors available. Just because you love the color of the suit, doesn’t mean it will work best with your skin tone. Don’t overlook colors you are not used to…dare to be different this season!
- Pay attention to style. Once again, we may completely fall in love with a certain cut, but it does not always work best for our body type. Be sure it fits properly; a top or bottom that’s too small does NOT look sexy, nor does a baggy bottom!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY:It is always a great idea to have three absolutely stunning suits that give your body the “wow” factor. Two neutrals (one dark one for pre-tan, one lighter suit for after-tan) and a third that is really unique one that you just love! That is the one I usually spend the most money on. The neutral suits can normally be purchased at less-expensive stores, and still look great.
TIPS FOR PURCHASING YOUR SPRING BREAK BIKINIS:
- To update your black or white (or any other solid color) bikini from last year, simply create a whole new look by buying a new matching or coordinating bikini top! It will look like you have tons of new bikinis!
- Do not rule out bikini tops just because they don’t have padding! You can easily insert pads from another suit for lining.
- Hourglass figures work well with any style or cut suit!
- Large chests look great in halter-top suits.They provide extra support and coverage.
- Very string bikinis look best on smaller figures.
- Strapless bandeau tops are perfect for medium to smaller chests.
- Ruffles, ties, and bows are great if you have very small hips and/or small chest. It will add more fullness to where you want it.
- Generally, dark colors are slimming and work well for curvier figures.
- Large, wild patterns attract attention and aren’t the best choices if you are self-conscious of size in any area.
Whatever your figure is, there is a style meant for each and every one of us. Don’t simply buy a suit that you love, make sure it loves you back. Find the style and cut that is most flattering to your figure so you will shine on the beach. Then choose the color that works with your skin tone.
Bikinis should be fun, flattering, and sexy, so just keep these tips in mind on your shopping sprees and go for it!
Some of my personal favorites for the 2012 Bikini Season:
- Victoria’s Secret, The Yellow Polka Dot Madi Push-Up Bandeau Top & Matching Bottoms
- Victoria’s Secret, Raspberry Ice Push-up Triangle Top & Matching Bottoms
- Victoria’s Secret, Sultry Snake Halter Top & Bottoms
- Victoria’s Secret, The Shimmer Parfait Pink Rio Push-up Twist Bandeau Top & Cheeky Hipkini Bottoms