Rupaul’s Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

While many Rupaul’s Drag Race fans are getting ready for the new season of All Stars, we can’t overshadow the upcoming Rupaul’s Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular! Brining back reigning queens, upcoming all stars and former season queens, this holiday special is going to be the most holly jolly thing this holiday season, so move over Mariah Carey!

The cast for this episode includes some of the most iconic queens throughout Drag Race history! The Holi-Slay Spectacular cast includes current reigning queen, Trixie Mattel, upcoming All Stars 4 contestants, Latrice Royale and Jasmine Masters, and former season queens, Shangela, Kim Chi, Eureka O’Hara, Mayhem Miller and Sonique. With this range of talented and dramatic queens, we’re bound to see some iconic moments, tons of shade and amazing runway looks that’ll make this holiday season sickening!

While this special will only be one episode, even though I was kind of hoping for a whole holiday season which would be so iconic, the episodes will be mainly based off of lip syncs and fashion runways. The queens will have to lip sync to songs off of Rupaul’s Christmas albums, Slay Bells and Christmas Party, all while performing dance routines choreographed by the insanely talented, Todrick Hall. On the judges panel, we can expect to see Rupaul and Michelle Visage along with Todrick Hall and Ross Matthews. With this panel of judges, we can be sure to hear some hilarious banter and harsh critiques between the judges and the queens all the while helping Ru decide who will be the first queen crowned as the “Drag Race Christmas Queen”.

Make sure to get your Santa hats and Christmas cookies ready for the Holi-Slay Spectacular on December 7th at 8 on Vh1!