timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Program Council’s Annual Spring Ball Was a Night to Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Every year, Suffolk University’s Program Council puts on their annual Spring Ball; a night of dressing up, dancing and more! As a part of the planning process the past three years, it has truly become one of my favorite events of the entire year.

The traditions committee within Program Council is the one who brainstorms ideas and puts the whole event together. I have been fortunate enough to co-run that committee this year with my best friend Christina Rayball. Spring Ball is her main event and focus throughout the year, and she, with the help of our committee worked extremely hard for months to make Spring Ball the best it could possibly be.

Pictured above: Myself and Christina

This year’s Spring Ball was held at the Aloft Hotel in the Seaport. It was an absolutely beautiful and spacious venue. We spent the early hours of the evening setting up the balloon arches and placing the centerpieces, to make the venue fit our exciting theme, Cirque Du Soleil.

The balloon arch was filled with red, gold, and sparkly balloons, and made for a totally epic entrance. The centerpieces were eye-catching with black and red feathers and lit up with blue, red, and purple lights. The lighting in the room was a stunning, cool blue-ish, purple that fit the vibe perfectly, as pictured below. These small, yet intricate details truly made the theme come to life.

Pictured above: Myself, and my two roommates

However, the decorations were not the only thing that brought the theme to life. One of the best parts of the entire night was the live circus performers! We had stilt walkers, aerial artists, even dancers that spun around LED lights on their hands. The performers were fun and had exciting energy to them, which ultimately made the guests feel the same way. They truly tied the whole theme together perfectly!

We spent the night dancing, eating the delicious mini prosciutto sandwiches and arancini balls, and of course, making a trip or two to the dessert bar.

I truly had a blast and could not be more proud of Christina for putting this entire event together. She did an incredible job! And of course, huge shoutout to our committee, who helped make it all possible. So thankful to be in Program Council, and get to put on amazing events like Spring Ball!  

Pictured above: Some members of PC E-Board with our SGA President, Morgan Robb

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.