Profile: Stephanie Rubino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Stephanie Rubino

Suffolk Graduation Year: 2015

Major: Public Relations

Current Job: Business Development Coordinator, Her Campus Media

Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

Favorite Color: Purple

Her Campus Suffolk: What is it like working for Her Campus Nationals now? What does a typical day look like for you?

Stephanie Rubino: Her Campus is so inspiring and I love that I am a part of it. It has been amazing to see the company’s growth from when I was an HC Suffolk member. I work with such amazing women and they are all mentors to me in their own way.

There isn’t necessarily a typical day for me in the office but as a Business Development Coordinator I work with the Business Development team to identify potential brand partners. I do market research and notice trends in the industry all while pitching Her Campus. At times I am the first person a brand will speak to before working with Her Campus, I love that I can represent HC in that way.

HCS: How did you go from being a member of HC Suffolk to working at Nationals?

SR: Her Campus Suffolk was a great stepping stone to where I am now. First off it introduced me to HC as an organization and gave me another creative outlet on campus. Post graduation I had an idea what I wanted to do with my career but I quickly realized it wasn’t a great fit for me. I knew how much Her Campus helped shape me as a student and I knew I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself in my career. So far it has been great, so I encourage all students and graduates to not put themselves in a certain mindset with your career, you may excel at something you may never even thought of in school.

HCS: What is your favorite part of your job?

SR: A huge part of my job is making the initial connection between potential partners and Her Campus. I absolutely love seeing those initial conversations become partnerships and then how those partnerships come to life through various Her Campus services.

HCS: What was your favorite thing to do in the city when you attended Suffolk?

SR: Walking around the city. There were always so many things to see and do. A perfect day/night is dinner on Newbury followed by a walk along the Esplanade. At Suffolk, all of Boston was your campus and I loved being able to walk out of 10 West and be in the heart of the city.

HCS: Did you participate in any other clubs while at Suffolk?

SR: Yes! I was a member of the Suffolk Ramifications and was an active member of the Suffolk University Theatre Department. I was also a Trustee Ambassador/Tour Guide.

Stephanie (Far right) at HC Suffolk’s First ever Pretty in Pink fundraiser.

HCS: What do you miss most about HC Suffolk?

SR: I would have to say creating content! I used to love writing things relative to my life and seeing how many other young women it resonated with.

HCS: Who would play you in a movie about your life?

SR: This is such a hard question! I think Leighton Meester we have similar personalities and features. Also, Blair Waldorf was amazing and the reason I wore too many headbands in high school.

.
Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.