This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Brianna Silva

Year: Class of 2017

Major: Broadcast Journalism Minor in Political Science

Hometown: Boca Raton, Florida

Relationship status: Single

Involvement on campus: Student Government, Theta Phi Alpha, and Studio 73!

Astrology sign: Pisces

Instagram: briannavsilva

What are some of the organizations you are involved in on campus?

I’m the Secretary of the Student Government Association, the Vice President of Theta Phi Alpha, Production Assistant at Studio 73, and a Suffolk In the City Reporter for NECN. 

What does being involved in the sorority mean to you?

Being involved in the sorority just means that we’re making a positive change throughout our community. I’ve never met such amazing women with values that are willing to go above and beyond in order to give back to others! Besides that, I have the best sisters in the world, who I know will always be there for me through thick and thin!

What is your favorite aspect about being involved in SGA?

The best aspect about being involved with SGA is getting to experience firsthand positive change on campus. Our senators work extremely hard to serve as the voice of the student body, and are always finding innovative ways to accomplish set goals!

Tell us a little bit more about your involvement in Studio 73 and “Suffolk in the City”.

I serve as a student reporter for “Suffolk in the City” and get the opportunity to pitch different story ideas to NECN producers, and assemble packages and introduce them live on television. I’m extremely grateful for this experience, and know that this will prepare me for the real world.

What are some of your hobbies/ interests outside of Suffolk?

I love working out, going to concerts, listening to live music, and taking naps! Can’t forget watching The Bachelor…my guilty pleasure! 

Tell us a typical day in the life of you?

BUSY BUSY BUSY! Wake up at 5am, and don’t stop until 10:30pm!  Gym, classes, organization meetings, office hours, internship, and work! Thank God for time management!

Who would play you if they made a movie about your life?

Mindy Kailing from Mindy’s Project! She’s absolutely hilarious, and I relate a lot to her character on the show!

If you were stranded on a deserted island what 3 items would you bring with you?

I would definitely bring a first aid kit, family photos, and a brita! 

What qualities do you look for in a love interest?

Ultimately looking to find someone who’s family oriented, hardworking, intelligent, caring but can also be a big goof! Tattoos are always a plus too!

Who is your celebrity crush?

Country singer Brett Eldredge, have you seen his snapchats of him and his puppy, Edgar?!

What is your dream job?

I hope to one day have my own late night show similar to Jimmy Kimmel Live!

What is one thing you want to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered for my sense of humor and hard work! I hope that throughout my lifetime I’m able to touch the hearts of many, and inspire them to always chase their dreams no matter how big their dreams are!