This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

On December 10th Pentatonix performed in Boston for their very own Christmas Tour. They have been doing holiday tours for the past three years, and I have been lucky enough to attend one each year. This year they were here for two nights at Boston University’s Agganis Arena, and brought the audience to their feet with holiday cheer!

(Image by: Carina Fresa)

Their set ranged from their old Christmas music from their EP PTXmas, including their hits Carol of the Bells and Little Drummer Boy. As a long time fan, these songs always bring out a bit of emotion in me because I remember back when the music videos for them were released. On top of the older holiday tunes, they played some of their newer additions as well. 

Another older song that was performed was their Christmas original, That’s Christmas to Me. This song is always special when they perform it live because they do it off-mic. One mic stands between the five of them instead of them each having their own. The arena becomes so silent you could hear a pin drop, and honestly I was struggling to hold back tears. The nostalgia of being a fan for so many years and having such a connection with the group really got to me as I sat and listened to a song that came out when I was just a sophomore in high school. 

(Image by: Carina Fresa)

An exciting moment during the show was when the Grinch appeared on stage as they performed You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch. He came into the audience with little boxes and handed them fans before returning onto the stage. This performance was very theatrical in nature, and bassist Matt Salle truly made the performance engaging and fun. 

The group pulled on our heart strings with Imagine, and nearly brought me to tears. While not a holiday song, it sounded truly beautiful. Kevin played along on his cello as they all came together and sang a song that can be considered timeless. Another crown favorite was Hallelujah and it brought out phone flashlights from all around the arena. 

(Image by: Carina Fresa)

Throughout the night I had two of my good friends by side, the ones who have shared their love for Pentatonix with me for a long time. Collectively we have attended almost 30 of their shows throughout the year, and remember when the fandom on Twitter was a much different time. One friend, Sara, I had actually first met at a Pentatonix show back in 2016, and my chance we ended up at the same university. Grayson I met through my show choir that he joined as a freshman, and we quickly realized that we had attended some of the same Pentatonix concerts and even stood next to each other at one long before we knew the other existed. 

(Image by: Carina Fresa)

At the end of the night the performed the upbeat Joyful, Joyful. Toward the end of the song they came down from the stage and walked through the audience. It was INSANE being so close to them. We truly weren’t expecting to have seats as great as we did so it was a surprise when they ran down the isles singing and giving hugs and high fives. It has been years since I have been able to see them this close, and it really brought out the same excitement that I had standing front row of small venue at 15 years old. 

I can honestly say that I cannot wait until they go on tour again. I always love hearing their beautiful voices and have an amazing time at their shows. The environment is always welcoming and sometimes it truly feels like home. 

Carina Fresa is a current Senior honors student at Suffolk University. Originally from Connecticut, she has truly found a home in Boston. She is the multi-media coordinator for Rampage Show Choir, as well as a participant in Her Campus and the Union of Designers, Operators and Technicians. Carina loves music, film, reading and writing. She also enjoys dedicating time to helping animals, and worked at her local cat shelter back in CT.