This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Pentatonix has been rapidly growing in popularity between their Christmas albums, original music, and covers. This winter they are touring with their newest Christmas album – Christmas is Here. I was lucky enough to catch their performance in Boston this past week! Agganis Arena had almost every seat filled on this second night that Pentatonix was performing. People of all age ranges were seated throughout the audience and it was truly a beautiful sight.

They started their set with one of their new songs, “What Christmas Means To Me.” This was such a fun and energetic way to start off the show and highlight a great song from their most recent album. Throughout the night they threw in some throwback songs for those long time fans, which made me practically weep in the audience. We got to hear the chilling “Little Drummer Boy,””Carol of the Bells,” and an all time Pentatonix classic from their first ever EP, Aha!. These songs never fail to disappoint, and have only gotten even more amazing as time goes on. I have seen Aha! performed a handful times, and it will always be one of my favorites to hear live.

As they do in every show, Pentatonix stepped aside to let Kevin do some of his amazing cello-boxing. He is the only person I have ever seen do this, and honestly the noises that man produces are INSANE. I’ll never get tired of hearing his personal twist on classical cello music by adding the element of beatboxing.

They ended the show with the excited “O Come All Ye Faithful,” a fun upbeat conclusion to the night. Scott, Mitch, Kevin and Matt ran through the audience to say hi to fans. In the middle of the song Mitch called out “I remember you!” to a fan, and honestly it made my heart melt. Poor Kirstin powered through the whole show with a broken ankle, but even though she couldn’t run through the audience or stand on two feet, she had a crazy amount of energy!

For an encore they stripped down to no mics for their original Christmas song, “That’s Christmas to Me.” They completely captivated the audience with their quiet voices, making it more personal for everyone there. For someone who has been listening to the song for years, it definitely made me a little bit emotional.

Their last song of the encore, “Bohemian Rhapsody,” had the entire audience singing along. Everyone was in awe of Mitch’s high note, and the talent the five individuals possess. They truly ended the show with a bang, and I can’t wait to be able to see them live again.

Going to this concert was a great way to kick off the holiday season with friends! I ended up running into a few friends who I wasn’t planning on seeing, as well as sit with one of my best friends who has shared the love of Pentatonix with me for years. I always go into these shows with sky high expectations and I can proudly say that they didn’t disappoint. I can’t wait to see what they release next, or where their next tour takes them!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.