The PAO Holiday Show (And What You Need to Know Before Going!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Each December, Suffolk’s Performing Arts Office (PAO) puts on a winter showcase, featuring all of the student-run groups here on campus!  The showcase is this Wednesday! The showcase is a great way to find out more about each of the PAO groups and see what makes the PAO so special.  Check out more info about the event below!

Who – All of the performing arts groups at Suffolk!
What – Holiday show
When – THIS WEDNESDAY, December 9 2015 at 7 PM
Where – C. Walsh Theatre
Why – Because PAO rocks.

There’s tons of awesome PAO groups here at Suffolk, and it can be hard to keep them all apart! Before seeing the show this Wednesday, here’s a run down on all the groups!

Jazz Ensemble
The jazz ensemble is a group of talented musicians.  From the saxophone to the piano to the guitar, they bring a variety of musicians together to play jazz music!

Pasion Latina
Suffok’s Latin dance group!  They perform in many on campus events.

Musicians Network
This is the group that often holds open mics around campus. The group works to bring Suffolk musicians together.

Ramifications
The Rams are a co-ed a cappella group.  They host an a-cappella competition, and perform in many other shows and competitions around Boston.  They also have CD’s for sale at the bookstore – check it out!

Rampage
Suffolk is home to the only collegiate show choir in Massachusetts! This group sings and dances at the same time, and they have one showcase a year.  They’re currently working to go to a national competition in Orlando.

Rhythm
Rhythm is a contemporary music group.  The group is made up of talented singers and musicians who perform a variety of musical styles.  

Seriously Bent
This is Suffolk’s improve comedy group.  They have shows in 150 Tremont every Thursday.  They also host and perform for SU orientation and other on-campus events. They’ve competed and won awards in collegiate improv comedy!

Sketchual Misconduct
Sketch performs their own original comedy sketches.  They have a show in the fall and spring, and they’ve performed at Improv Boston.

Suffolk Step Team
The steppers create original rhythms and sounds with footsteps, speaking, and clapping. They have their own show in the winter, and perform for many on and off-campus shows.

Suffolk University Dance Company
SUDC specializes in lyrical, contemporary, and jazz dance.  They have their own fall and spring showcase.  SUDC also performs at a Celtics game once a year and in other various on and off-campus events.

Techies Union
Techies run the show! They lights, sounds, and more at Fall Fest, student group shows, competitions, and more are run by the group.  The techies make all the shows at C. Walsh happen!

TrXbe
PAO’s newest group, TrXbe, is an African hip hop dance group!  This is their second semester in existence.

W!CKED
Suffolk’s hip hop dance crew!  They host a competition at the C. Walsh every spring with groups from around Boston.  They attend workshops and perform in lots of other on and off-campus events.
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell