A New Spin On Leather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

When out shopping for this year’s fall must haves, leather is one staple that should certainly not be forgotten. While you can always count on a sleek leather piece to add structure to any outfit, this year’s looks will take a simple concept to new levels. 

This fall the leather wardrobe essentials transcend the classic moto jacket, and take on the form of shorts, skirts – both A-line and pencil, and even the sheath dress – consider layering it over your favorite striped tee and adding converse sneakers for a casual look, or dressing it up with heels and a jacquard blazer. Some other popular pieces include leather leggings, and even mini skirts. Another popular trend is leather vests, which can take a simple jeans-and-t-shirt look to new dimensions entirely. 

A few of my personal favorites include these fierce leather shorts, or the peplum top which offers a more feminine spin on the look. 

Whether you’re seeking a casual look for class, or an edgier outfit for a night out, leather should undoubtedly be your go-to this fall. With all of the many options out in stores, there’s plenty to choose from, so start shopping fashionistas!

Anna Abate is currently a sophomore at Suffolk University with a major in Public Relations, and a minor in Creative Writing.