This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

2019 definitely seems to be another year of superheroes. If you are a hardcore Marvel fan like me, get excited about what is to come for the Marvel Universe! Marvel is releasing many new movies this year and also there are some new projects in the works. Continue scrolling to see a completed calendar of all the upcoming films being released this year and beyond:

Captain Marvel

Release Date: March 8, 2019

Marvel’s first female-led film is soon coming to theater near you! Brie Larson leads a star-studded cast of actors, such as Jude Law and Samuel L.Jackson. It will be so exciting to see such a powerful female hero on screen and I cannot wait to see Larson as Carol Danvers kicking butt in this action-packed origin story. After all, Captain Marvel is considered one of the strongest heroes in the Marvel Universe.

Avengers: Endgame

Release Date: April 26, 2019

One of the most highly anticipated films of the year, Avengers: Endgame, is expected to bring all that Marvel has to offer in three hours of film. This film sadly marks the end of an era for many of its beloved actors, including Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans, but it still will be exciting to see what remains of the Avengers team face-off against the evil Titan, Thanos. Can April come any sooner please?

Dark Phoenix

Release Date: June 7, 2019

For all the X-Men fans out there, the next installment in the franchise is coming your way in June! In this film, we see the team battling one of their toughest foes, Jean Grey herself. When she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force, it leaves her more powerful than ever, but just as unstable. The X-Men must now band together to save her before it’s too late. All of your favorite heroes will be returning for this one, with Mystique, Professor X, Quicksilver, Magneto, and so much more.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Release Date: July 5, 2019

July 5 marks the new installment in the Spider-Man reboot since Peter Parker was introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe. In this film, we see Peter on a European vacation with his friends until Nick Fury shows up in his room, looking for his help. His mission is to help stop the evil Mysterio (played by the lovely Jake Gyllenhaal) before he wreaks havoc across the continent. It will be interesting to see this story after having watched Infinity War (we all know what happens there :/). It is most likely that Endgame will clear everything up and help set up the story.

The New Mutants

Release Date: August 2, 2019

The New Mutants is bringing new style into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the film fitting more within the horror genre than your typical superhero film. Based on the Marvel Comics team of the same name, it tells the story of Magik, Wolfsbane, and other teenage mutants try to come to grips with their superpowers in a secret facility.

Other news:

Gambit

Release Date: March 13, 2020

There has been new updates on the Gambit origin X-Men film starring Channing Tatum. After many problems with funding and production for the project, it was finally announced that they would be starting production in early 2019 and expect a release date in March 2020.

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.