Look like a Star in Stripes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

As the weather gets warmer and we all start itching to have a field day at Nordstrom’s, keep in mind one of the hottest trends this spring: STRIPES. Whether you wear them as a neutral piece or a focal point, make sure to up your stripe-game this spring!  

Tops: Whether they’re horizontal or vertical, stripes look good with anything. Pair a carnival-striped top with boyfriend jeans and sandals to showcase the pattern, or use them as a neutral and wear some preppy florals. With stripes, you can pretty much do anything.

Bottoms: As long as you got the confidence to work them, striped pants are a killer trend for the spring and seriously look fabulous on all body types.

Dresses: Whether you’re an urban trendsetter, a classy chica, or a modern day flower child, stripes are incredibly versatile and can be transformed in ways that express your personal flare. With dresses, it’s more about the fit than the pattern.

Together: Who says you have to pick just one article of striped clothing per outfit!? Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and load on the stripes. Pair similar stripes together for a sexier look, or embrace your fun and flirty side and try something new. Remember the words of fashion guru Stacey London, “It doesn’t have to match; it has to go.”

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.