Is Jelena Back Together?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The internet has gone crazy this past week, but all for an extremely exciting reason. Jelena aka Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are back together! (well, maybe). I don’t know about you, but Jelena was major couple goals for me as an early teenager, and I feel like I’ve been reliving those days all week long, along with the rest of the internet. Here is the whole Jelena reunion story!

The internet first turned to chaos on Sunday, October 29th when Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez were spotted eating breakfast together. It has also been reported that they had attended church together. Here is the photo TMZ captured of the two. My heart is exploding!!

Half the internet was absolutely living for this reunion including myself, but some were not too happy the pair reunited.

Most were saying to call Dua Lipa. Her song “New Rules” states three clear rules about how to avoid your ex, and Selena definitely broke all 3, the biggest being, “don’t be his friend.”

Speaking of being his friend, Bieber recently released a song called “Friends” with BloodPop ® and many speculated it was about Gomez as Bieber sings about wanting to remain friends with someone. Did it work?

One of the biggest questions that has risen through all this is what about The Weeknd, Gomez’s boyfriend of ten months? The day after Gomez was spotted with Bieber, the internet went crazy again as there were reports everywhere stating The Weeknd and Gomez had split. As it turns out, the split happened weeks ago due to their schedules not lining up, but some have trouble believing Bieber isn’t to blame. What do you think?

Later this week, even more photos of Jelena riding bikes together surfaced all over the internet and I just can’t get over how cute the two of them look.

Whether the two are back together or simply just friends, I think it’s absolutely wonderful they’re spending time together again. It’s nice to see that they were able to split, grow as people, and reunite when the timing is right. It makes me smile to see two of my favorite celebrities who have each been through struggles finally look so happy and healthy!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.