Ian Alexander Hoyos Lopez ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Full Name: Ian Alexander Hoyos Lopez
Academic Year: Sophomore
Major: Engineering
Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Relationship Status: Single
Astrological sign: Virgo

Biggest Turn on with a girl?: Her smile. If she can melt me with her smile, she’s got me on the palm of her hand.

Biggest Turn off: Bad odor and any overgrown hair.

Celebrity Crush and why: Victoria Dawn Justice. I have to admit I think she’s the sexiest girl around, and her smile can literally stop me in place.

Future Career Goals/Ambitions?: As cliché as it sounds, I want to save the world, but I don’t mean violence or world hunger. I try to target a much larger scale picture. I’m studying engineering for a reason; I want to get involved in the renewable energies of our world, because the first step towards saving our planet is to stop hurting it. So I plan to mount up large companies solely devoted to the research of solar power. Let’s see if I get a shot at saving this rock.

Hobbies: I’ve played soccer since I was about 9 years old. I did in-line skating for about 4 years. I’m usually always on my bike around Boston – I love riding around and getting to see the beauty this city hides. Video-games, boating, running, exercising, football, writing poetry, reading poetry, practicing other languages, skiing, listening to music ( I can do this for hours), regular writing, hanging with friends… I don’t know I guess my favorite hobby is living.

Who would you consider your “man crush”: Kaka (Real Madrid Soccer player)

Least favorite fashion trend for girls: Extremely short skirts, extremely exposing shirts. I like a girl who respects herself.

Three words you’d use to describe yourself: Passionate, explorative, determined

What advice would you give to a girl trying to impress you?: Don’t try to impress me, just come talk to me. I love and crave a good conversation that doesn’t involve “That party last night” or “I was so f***ed up.”

If you had to be stuck on a deserted island for an entire year with another student at Suffolk University who would it be? Rene Faria, he’s my backbone at this school. I don’t think without him I’d be where I am right now. The one thing you need in solidarity is a friend and that’s what this guy is. Truly, a great friend.

If you had to pick a song to be the theme song to your life what would it be?: “All These Things That I’ve Done” by the Killers

Most embarrassing moment: Forgetting to write an essay and standing in front of the class and improvising a complete paper, only to have the teacher catch on to my lie halfway through.

Best part about your Suffolk experience so far? Exploring a different side of things. Looking at the world from a different angle, meeting new people, making new friends, and exploring myself in the process.

What is an interesting fact about you most people don’t know?
I can literally sit at a café for hours with coffee, a pen, a notebook and just write.

Most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone? Used my saving to fly 1,500 miles at 2 am to arrive in time for Valentines Day, with flowers and chocolates and stuffed animals, all to surprise a girl.

If people were to give you a superlative, what do you think it would be? The most passionate person around. I would do nearly anything for love.

Julia is a senior at Suffolk University in Boston, MA. She is an English major and Psychology minor and is the Blog Section Editor and a Campus Correspondent for HC Suffolk. After graduation, she hopes to write for magazines such as Glamour or Cosmopolitan, where she can pursue her interest in sex, love and relationships, beauty/make up, and fashion.