How to Spend the Perfect Valentine’s Day in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Valentines Day is at last upon on us and those that were lucky enough to be bitten by the love bug are anxiously waiting for what the day will bring. Lucky for us Boston girls, we live in the perfect city to have a perfect date. Here’s four wonderful options for you to spend this special day!

1.) What better way to see the city with your special someone than observing it from the top. The Skywalk Observatory soars 52 floors above the city, offering 360-degree views of Boston and beyond. The perfect time to see these spectacular views is of course, at sunset. This is probably the busiest time of day, but with the glow of the fading sun you can really see the beauty of the city. And when the sun goes down, you can see this majestic city shine so bright.

2.) If you’re a dinner and dessert kind of gal, then dinner and gelato in the North End is the perfect way to spend your evening.  With countless restaurants to choose from, you and your special someone can get whatever your heart desires. What better way to finish off that evening than with delicious gelato? This is the ideal cherry on top for an evening filled with love. The streets of the North End all lit up make for a perfect romantic setting.

[pagebreak]

3.) Some of us who enjoy the simpler things and just want to spend some quality time with your significant other are in luck; Boston has some beautiful walking areas. The Boston Public Garden suspension bridge is alit withtwinkling lights that ignite the feeling of romance. The light glows onto the lake, which has a dock perfect for sitting and enjoying the city lights with that special someone.

4.) If you love the water, the Christopher Columbus Park down by the harbor is beautiful. All the boats and waterfront views are an alluring sight, and the beautiful trellis is alit with bright blue lights creating a magical atmosphere.

Wherever you decide to spend you Valentines date this year, Boston is definitely the place to be. It’s a beautiful atmosphere for you and that special someone <3

Stephanie is the Business Development Coordinator at Her Campus Media . A graduate of Suffolk University, Stephanie held the position of secretary at the HC Suffolk chapter and lived the real life "Pitch Perfect" as business manager of her a cappella group the Suffolk Ramifications. Before joining the Her Campus team, Stephanie held positions in experiential marketing and public relations. In her free time you can find her with family & friends, sitting with a good book, getting stressed out over football & hockey or hunting down the best gluten free food Boston has to offer. 
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.