This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

No matter how old you are or how far you are, everyone gets homesick at some point in time.  Sure college is super fun and everything, but there is always a little piece of you that just misses home. 

Living in the city, there is no place for a car.  One common homesick craving is driving!  Don’t you miss turning in ignition on, putting the windows down (well while it is warm), jamming out to whatever comes on your shuffle play and just driving?  A little car ride can always end up as an adventure.  All your summer memories come back, you remember the times you and your friends had Taylor Swift jam out session and you can’t help but smile.  

If you are living on campus you may relate more to this one.  Another homesick craving is having home cooked meals.  I personally miss hearing my mom’s voice when she says “Dinner!” to my sisters and myself.  I knew there would be a hot fresh meal waiting on the dinner table.  The food would actually be good for me and it would be savory instead of bland.  Just thinking of that makes me want to jump on a train home now.

Waking up to my dog is something I crave on a daily basis.  Some of you may have bigger dogs, but we all know they’re all cuddle bugs.  Some days I just want to wake up and feel my dog curled up in a ball in the arch of my knees.  And then when I say his name his head bops up and then he sprawls out on the bed.

One last craving (but not the final) of home is being able to grab all my favorite snacks from the pantry, pour my Arizona iced tea in my water bottle, cuddle up in a blanket and turn on the reality TV stored on my DVR.  I miss snacking on Doritos on my cozy couch trying to Keep with the Kardashians!!

Wow now I really miss home!!