Holiday Gift Guide: Mom Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The holiday season really is the most wonderful time of the year. Family, time off from school and relaxation are just some of the things college students look forward to. Another great part of the holidays is picking out the perfect gifts for friends and loved ones! For me, my mom is at the top of the list each year. For everything moms do for us throughout the year, one of the least things we can do is get her a great gift. See below for my picks!

1.) Carryall bag

I say all of the time I carry my whole life in my bags, and I know that this phrase also applies (if not more) to moms. This holiday, pick up a bag where your mom can store essentials and then some. Skip over the Longchamps, please.

Vince Camuto Leila Large Tote: On Sale for $102

2.) Monogramed Throw

Sometimes, it’s hard for moms to have anything of their own in between sharing everything with everyone. This solid throw from West Elm can be monogrammed, so your mom knows for sure that this is really hers.

Softest Throw-Solid: $39

3.) Handwritten Message Bracelet

Those heartfelt messages you write that your mom absolutely adores? Now, she can wear them! This Etsy shop will turn your handwritten message into a bracelet! Simply send in a clear picture of your handwritten message, and they’ll take care of the rest! It’s like the grown-up version of the macaroni messages you used to make in kindergarten.

4.) Winter Coat

A lot of my winter childhood memories include my mom telling me “wear a coat, it’s cold out.” Now, you can turn the tables and tell her the same thing, then present her with a new winter coat!

Belted Quilted Hooded Coat: $150

5.) Giant Wine Glass

Moms, probably more than most people, need to wine-d down (sorry, I had to). This glass should help do the trick. I can personally attest to the fact that, yes, it actually does fit a whole bottle of wine in it.

XL Wine Glass: $18

6.) Go Personal

Day 23: I love that you encourage me to ________________

What I Love About Mom Book: $12

If all else fails, your mom will always be happy to accept mani/pedi, facial, and massage gift cards. Above all, just say thank you and spend quality time together. Your mom will appreciate this more than anything.

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.