Have a Laugh in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Even with so much to do in the city of Boston, we can sometimes get stuck in a routine of doing the same things every weekend. It’s always good to mix things up, or at least have a back up for when plans fall through. Since everybody loves a good laugh, a stand-up comedy show is a great alternative to break up repetitive weekends—Laugh Boston is the place to go.

Boston is home to many great comedy clubs, including, Nick’s Comedy Stop in the Theater District and Improv Asylum in the North End. However, Laugh Boston, which is in the Seaport District is the true gem, particularly for broke college students. Located inside the Westin Waterfront Hotel, directly across from the Convention Center, Laugh Boston is T accessible and has shows every Wednesday through Saturday.

Of the many shows they offer, the cheapest and arguably funniest show is, “The Last Stand” at midnight, which only costs $5 per ticket! “The Last Stand” is a chance to see Boston’s best comedians unite for the final set of the night. Hosted by the hysterical Will Noonan, the show is increasingly featuring appearances by Vine superstar and Boston local, Ry Doon!

If you make your way over to the Seaport District to go to “The Last Stand,” I promise you will laugh, and at just $5, you can’t go wrong. If you want to go exclusively to see Vine legend Ry Doon and his hilarious impersonation on Jay Z, check out his twitter, @RyDoon, as he will usually tweet if he’ll be there. If you’re lucky you might even get to do a little Vine collaboration with him! 

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.