Fun Snow Day Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

For those of you who thought snow days were only in high school, think again. A forecast of 12 inches or more may sound like a curse. However, I’m sure most of us would do anything to skip a class or two. Here are some fun activities you can do indoor or out on your day off from classes.

Outdoors

Sledding in The Commons: if you dare step foot outside during a Massachusetts snow storm, you might as well make the most of it. Grab a couch cushion and cover it in a balsic bag or a lid from one of your storage containers under your bed and viola! You have the perfect DIY sled.

Snowball fight with friends: Usually on snow days where all of Boston campuses are closed, students from all different schools will gather in the commons for a giant snowball fight. Drag your friends outside and bundle up

Indoors

Movie marathon: If you’d rather stay inside all cuddled up in your bed like me, a Netflix marathon is a must on a snow day. Binge watch a new show or get your friends together for  a favorite movie marathon.

Fun Dining hall/ Dorm room snacks: If the weather is so bad you can’t stop by your local grocery store, head down to your dining hall or take a look in your food bin. Some easy snacks you can make that require only a few ingredients like chocolate covered oreos and even rice crispy treats. Get creative! For some inspiration click here.

Games with friends: Laying in bed all day can get pretty boring. Take the party outside of your room and hang out with some friends! Play a card game or if you have none, download one on your phones. The possibilities are endless!