Fredson Sossavi ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Name: Fredson Sossavi

Year: 2017 (Sophomore)

Major/Minor: Legal studies/ journalism

Hometown: Marlboro, MA

Status: single

Involvement of campus: SU legal association and Black Student Union

Astrology sign: Gemini

Instagram: @fredsosuave

Tell us about a typical day in your life

I really love fashion so I sometimes plan outfits. I’m a martial artist so I condition pretty well; stretches and yoga, sometimes dancing, whatever I feel like really. Plus, I love photography so I take a lot of pictures.

You didn’t mention class, do you go to class?

Absolutely not! What is that? I just pay 40 grand for free *smiles*

Who would you play in a movie about your life?

Either Will Smith or Frank Ocean.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to have with you?

Ok, I’m gonna be basic about this because I’m not trying to die so i’ll say a knife, a lifestraw and a watch.

If you could travel to any place in the world right now, where would you go?

Australia

What are some of your hobbies or interests?

Photography, cinematography, martial arts, gymnastics, dance (break dancing) and fashion for sure.

What qualities do you look for in a girl?

She has to be cordial, supportive and funny, I like someone humorous.  Being fashionable gets you extra points but it’s not really a requirement.

What are your turn-offs?

Someone who is judgmental, non-supportive and unadventurous.

How do you feel about being this week’s campus cutie?

I didn’t even know it existed so it’s pretty sweet!

What’s your most embarrassing moment?

One time, I made a delicious bowl of frosted flakes and it was perfect; the milk was the right temperature, each flake of cereal had the most sugar it could possibly have and it was the last of the milk. My house takes up three floor so, I was walking down the stairs and I slipped. My whole life ended. I slipped, the bowl flew up, the cereal poured on my shirt, I slid down the stairs, and then the cereal bowl had the audacity to land on my face. I laid there for about 20 minutes cause I was so in shock, it was over. Honestly, me right now, this is a reincarnation. I died back there.

How do you feel about the girl making the first move?

I loooove it! Every girl should do that. Ok, maybe not every girl but you get my point.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Umm, I’m not a bad drawer. I used to draw a lot before I went into martial arts. I’m getting pretty good at photography so I’m hoping that would be a talent eventually.

Settle down or hit it and quit it?

Settle down. I have a problem with hit it and quit it.

Most awkward date you’ve been on?

I can’t really say I’ve been on an awkward date. I’m pretty awkward myself so I’ll say I do all of the awkwardness for the date.

What are your thoughts on Tinder?

I’m not about it. I think it deprives people of social skills and making a connection and I think we all need to learn to communicate better because communication is key.

What is your dream job?

My dream job would be to be a professional martial artist. Teach kids, compete, choreograph and all of that but it’s not realistic for me so I’ll probably open up a firm practicing family law.

Favorite T.V show

I kind of love anime so I’ll say Naruto.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Sriracha sauce

What’s the one thing you don’t understand about the opposite sex?

I don’t know really. I guess communication but that applies to both sexes.

What is the most embarrassing song on your android?

I’m pretty unembarrassed about my music choices. Does Miguel’s Adorn on acoustic count?

Who is your celebrity crush?

I have a think for Kat Denning but also Eva Mendes.

What is something people don’t know about you?

I enjoy ROMCOMs. 500 days of Summer is probably my favorite movie. The script, soundtrack, cinematography, all of it is amazing. It’s a masterpiece.

What are your favorite and least favorite fashion trends for women?

Favorite: Flat brimmed fedoras and the tomboy style. I think it’s a nice mix of masculine and feminine and any girl can pull it off.

Least favorite: I’m sorry, but I have to say UGGs and North face jackets.

Describe your ideal date night in Boston

I’d want to do something fun and different so we’d start off the night walking, probably visit the skywalk. Afterwards, we’d go to an art museum and act a fool and then go get food at 2 a.m in a hole-in-the-wall type food place because there’s nowhere else that’s open. To end the night, we’d go to either her place and watch Hayao Miyazaki movies like Spirited away. Or you know, whatever movies she’s into.

What makes a girl dateable vs Hook-upable?

A hook-upable girl would be someone who doesn’t have the qualities I look for in a woman. But then again, I’m very picky about stuff like that and it would require too much effort to get with someone I couldn’t date so it’s not worth it to me.

Any advice for the ladies trying to win you over?

Dress game. On point. Ok, I’m kidding. If you have the qualities I’d mentioned earlier, you’re a winner. If, in addition, you dress nicely and you walk up to me, you can have my phone and my heart at the same time.

Any last words?

Honestly, I don’t take my self too seriously, I’m very easy going and I think you’ll find a lot of guys are the same way. If you want to get to know me, it’s as simple as walking up to me and saying “Hi”. Confidence like that is extremely attractive.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.