Foodie Blog: Area Four Student Specials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Looking for a quality, yet affordable, brunch spot for a Sunday morning, after a few nights out in Boston? Area Four, a bakery/coffeehouse/bar/brick-oven restaurant, located just 3 blocks away from the Kendall/MIT red-line stop in Cambridge, has an impressive brunch menu, served from 10:30am to 2:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The menu is jam-packed with specials for students with a valid student I.D, including their famous, “The Hot Mess” which features 2 sunny side up chip-in-farm eggs, home fries, bacon, a4 breakfast sausage, caramelized onions, cheddar, scallions, & pickled banana pepper relish.

Sleep past the allotted brunch time? Not to worry! Area Four just launched a hot-dog stand directly in front of the restaurant, which serves all-natural, all-beef dogs, from BN Ranch in California. Area Four aims towards students, seeing as they are located in the heart of a college city. Affordable and quality food for prices that are student-wallet-friendly, is something that students are always on the lookout for.

Area Four is not just your average coffeehouse and bakery. They serve up brick-oven meals daily, for lunch and dinner. According to the restaurant, the pizza is a must-have menu item that everyone must to try when they go there. I went there for dinner last Friday night and feasted upon a margarita pizza with bacon, and it was delicious. I also tried the “Take 4” peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert, which is served with a cream cheese mouse, pretzels, and salted-caramel drizzle to pull the dish together in an extremely tasty fashion.

Area Four’s bakery is open Monday-Friday, 7am to 6pm, and weekends, 9am until 5 pm. The bar and brick oven is open, Monday-Wednesday 11:30am- 10pm,

Thursday and Friday, 11:30am-11pm, Saturdays, 10:30am-11pm, and Sundays, 10:30am- 2:30pm. Note: begining 11/18, Area Four will stay open on Sundays for dinner from 2:30-9:00 as well!

Name: Julie GrasseyMajor: Public Relations and JournalismAcademic year: 2015A lover of all things fashion, live music, Starbucks, photography, dancing, playing guitar, Cheez-its, and reading my daily horoscope, I am currently a junior at Suffolk University in Boston. Other than being a full time student and HerCampus contributer, I am also a blogger and campus representative for Rent the Runway, as well as an intern for the Boston Ballet! My goal is to move to New York City after graduation and get a job planning events or styling photo shoots for a major fashion magazine or designer. This is my second semester writing for the News and Blog section of HerCampus Suffolk! 
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.