Five Things Your Boyfriend Should be Wearing this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Keep your boyfriend’s wardrobe up to date with these five summer staples!

Colored Shoelaces: Add some color to your boyfriend’s step this summer with vibrant shoelaces from Hook + Albert. It will give him a fresh, contemporary look. Real men aren’t afraid of color.

Tailored sweatpants: The leg should be tapered. Let’s face it, men look best in fitted pants! Sometimes tailored sweatpants have a drop-crotch. If your man can pull off the “I-don’t-care-cause-I’m-sexy” look, then this is totally acceptable. These scream style are perfect for casual summer outings, trips to the gym, and more! Also he’ll be able to wear them in the fall and winter as well, long after your summer fling is over. The pair above is from a clothing company called Oak and can be purchased here.

[pagebreak]

Denim Jackets: A denim jacket looks best with the sleeves rolled halfway up the forearm and the collar popped and disheveled. Demin jackets are great for summer because the material is not as heavy as most jackets. It’s ok to wear a denim jacket with blue jeans, but if they are the same wash there’s a chance that your boyfriend will end up looking like a total idiot. It’s been said that your significant other is a relfection of yourself, make sure that your boyfriend (a.k.a. your reflection) flawlessly rocks this style with a classic denim jacket from Levi’s.

Bomber Jackets: Like the denim jacket, bomber jackets are sooo in right now. (Bonus: you’ll look super cute when you borrow it from your boyfriend.) Avoid the ones that try to look like your typical varsity jacket (it’ll make him look like a d-bag who was never good enough to earn a real varsity letter in high school). Buy this one from Urban Outfitters here.

[pagebreak]

Laceless Loafers: When your boyfriend isn’t rocking colored shoelaces or (acceptable) sneakers, laceless loafers are the next best options for shoes. Loafers are perfect for summer time because you can put them on and take them off so easily. Go trendy with fun and bright colors, or keep it classic with brown or black. But please, avoid square-toes at all costs. These Gucci loafers are a perfect example and are available for purchase here.

Jake Murray is an Economics major at Suffolk University, residing in the North End. He is currently interning at a Management Consulting firm, called Argopoint LLC, located in Beacon Hill. 

Jake Murray is an Economics major at Suffolk University, residing in the North End. He is currently interning at a management consulting firm, called Argopoint LLC, located in Beacon Hill.