This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Welcome to fall 2016 where everything is silk, velvet, or suede in the form of bomber jackets, dresses, and baseball caps. Every year the fall trends amaze me. Although we all know that chokers have been the biggest comeback of all in 2016, velvet and silk made an even bigger return in fashion. Who would’ve thought that velvet and silk would make it back into the hottest trends? Oh, and don’t forget about those denim skirts that you probably hid deep down in your closet. It’s time to take them those puppies out. It’s time to embrace your inner basic, ladies!

Living in the city always makes me stay on top of the new trends. After the countless number of chokers I’ve bought this past summer, I think it’s safe to say that I’m ready for something new… As much as I love soaking up the sunshine in the summer, I might love the fall fashion a little more (never thought I’d say this). Not to mention, you look comfy as ever and still look super chic in an over-sized sweater and leggings (throw on some over-the-knee boots and no one will even realize you’re actually wearing leggings).

Fall trends and pumpkin spice lattes always make it easier to let go of the summer weather. This season you will look super cute sipping on your PSL in your new duster coat and suede baseball cap. Let’s bring these hot new trends to Suffolk!

Here are some of my favorite fall trends of 2016:

Satin 2-in-1 Gold Dress

Velvet Bomber Jacket

Over the Knee Boots

Suede Cap

Velvet Boots

Duster coat

Faux Fur Vest

Happy Pumpkin Season!