Fall Favorites in Stores Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Wondering what to put on your shopping list this fall?  Here is a guide to rock those runway looks on campus for an affordable price.

LEATHER

As seen at NYFW, leather strikes again, but in a whole new way.

“Now that designers are treating leather as if it were fabric… the supple skin has taken on a whole new versatility,” says InStyle.

The material has matured this season, lending an edgy flair to sophisticated women and their outfits. Put together a shabby chic look this fall by pairing a leather bottom with a casual top.

Bottoms: Top Shop “Coated Biker Skinny Trousers” $84.00

Skirt: Nasty Gal Shadow Dancer Skirt $58.00

OVERSIZED SWEATER

Cozy up, and purchase an oversized nubby knit! Splurge on a cozy sweater in your favorite color, and you will find an excuse to wear it every day.

“We call it cocooning, where thick knits and heavy textures just envelope the body,” explained Sharon Graubard, Senior Vice President Fashion Director of StyleSight. 

Sweater on bottom: Free People “Cross My Heart Pullover” $118.00

RED

Red was a major theme on the NYFW runway. Simplicity is key for this fall. Whether it is a top, jacket, or skirt, make it a point to work cherry red into your wardrobe.

Top on the right: Top Shop ”Stem Back Hem Blouse” $76.00 

SHOES

Be daring! Try a pointed flat; it will add a whole new flair to your look.

Steve Madden “Vampy” $69.98

Must-have for fall!

LuLus.com “Good Choice Bed Rock Black Ankle Boots” $66.00

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.