This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

The Covid-19 pandemic has rattled the world for months and now it has rattled the previously untouched White House. Though it cannot be confirmed, many connect the outbreak to the event at the White House unveiling the new Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barret. She has tested negative, but over 30 people surrounding the event and the Trump administration have tested positive. Here are ten of the key figures who have tested positive and what they do. 

donald trump speaking at a rally
Photo by Gage Skidmore from Flickr

# 1  President Donald Trump

Though questions have arisen as to when President Trump tested positive for Covid-19, official word came from the White House on October 2nd. Since then the President has been admitted and released from the hospital. 

# 2 First Lady Melania Trump

It was announced that the First Lady had tested positive the same day as her husband. This news came just a day after both her and the President were present at the first presidential debate. The Democratic nominee, Joe Biden and his entourage, have all tested negative. 

# 3 Hope Hicks: Counselor to the President

Seemingly the first person close to the president to test positive to test positive, Ms. Hicks tested positive on October 1st. This sent the President and First Lady into quarenting and into the testing that would, later that same day, come back positive. Ms. Hicks was also present at the Presidential debate and campaign rallies in several states.  

# 4 Bill Stepien: Campaign Manager

A key member of the Trump team in these final days leading up to the election, Mr. Stepien tested positive October 1st. He was present at the debate and has now quarantined until further notice. 

# 5 Kellyann Connway and Caludia Conway: Former counselor to the president and daughter

Kellyann tested positive October 2nd after attending the judicial nominee event at the White House. Since then her daughter Caludia, a popular critic of President Trump, tested positive October 4th. Both have quarantine and though experiencing symptoms are resting and recovering.

microscopic image of the coronavirus
Photo by CDC from Unsplash

# 6 Thom Till and Mike Lee: United States senators

Both men tested positive on October 1st after attending the judicial nominee event at the White House. Both senators also sit on the senate judiciary committee that is set to vet and question the President’s nominee. Now both men are quarenting and questions have arisen on how and when the committee will be able to process Amy Coney Barret.

# 7 Chris Christie: Governor of New Jersey

After assisting President Trump with debate preparation, the governor tested positive on October 3rd. With a history of asthma, the Governor has been admitted to the hospital. Though there have been nor reports of worsening symptoms. 

# 8 Ron Johnson: United States senator

The third United States senator who sits on the judicial committee to test positive. He tested positive October 3rd. He was also present at the judicial nominee event at the White House. He has quarantined and the Republican caucus in the Senate has now gone from 53 to 50 until the senators may return. 

# 9 Kayleigh McEnany: White House Press Secretary

The White House Press Secretary tested positive for Covid-19 on October 5. She had initially tested negative after the President’s diagnosis. She hosted a press conference briefing without a mask only 5 days prior to her positive test. She has experienced no symptoms as of yet. Two of McEnany’s debuties and three reporters who cover the White House have tested positive as well. 

# 10 Stephen Miller: Senior Advisor to the President

One of the President’s most long standing advisors, Mr. Miller tested positive October 6th. He has since entered quarantine. Mr. Miller was present at campaign events the previous week in several states. 

Everyday more and more people are testing positive and adding to this growing list. And while it is important to know those high up people in the Trump administration, it is also important to remember all the people who have been exposed to those people. Members of the White House personal staff have tested positive, and at least eleven people who helped put on the Presidential debate have also tested positive. Let this outbreak serve as a reminder to all that following the safety guidelines protect both yourself and those around you from Covid-19.

Photo by René DeAnda on Unsplash

Emma Houle

Suffolk '21

Suffolk University undergrad student.