Everything You Need for the Best Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

I think I can speak for everybody when I say Halloween is one of your favorite holidays. I’m not sure if it’s the spooky decorations pairing with the changing leaves or the fun of making your own costume while watching Hocus Pocus. Now that it’s just around the corner, it’s time to start planning out that Halloween party, gathering all your DIY costume materials and heading to the grocery store for the ingredients to the most festive dessert recipes.

There’s no better way to celebrate the best holiday than by being with your friends. Whether your October 31st consists of a movie night with your gal pals or an all out dance party with all your friends, these are a few necessities you must have at your big Halloween bash!

Hocus Pocus Punch: This three ingredient punch isn’t only super easy to make but also super tasty! Spice it up with decorative mason jar and pour it into one giant punch bowl to share with the whole party.

Candy Apple Bar- A party twist on a classic fall treat. This is a creative idea for snacking while mingling with others! It’s also perfect for a big crowd with the wide variety of toppings everyone is sure to find one they love!  

Ghost Lanterns- Light your walkway or living room with these ghosts lanterns that are cheap and so easy to make! No need for a party, these cute and festive decorations are perfect for spicing up your front lawn this October.

Photo Booth – Fun activity for your party guests and a great way to remember an awesome night! Get creative with the props or take some inspiration from this photo!

Spider Web Dip– What’s a party without dip? This delicious and easy taco dip will please all of your party guests while adding to the a festive flair of the party!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.