Entertainment Blog: Up and Coming Artist, Tori Kelly!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Singer/Songwriter, Tori Kelly is taking the music industry by storm. Tori is an enormously talented musician, who has visibly worked hard to get where she is today. She has been uploading videos on Youtube for about five years. I’ve watched her for about three years and never get tired of hearing her voice. So far, Tori has released two EPs, Handmade Songs By Tori Kelly and her latest release Foreword. Currently she is finishing her tour for her latest EP, and on November 17th she performed at  The Sinclair in Cambridge! I went to her show with my sister and had the unique opportunity to meet her in person. Tori is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met. I could tell she genuinely enjoyed meeting all of her fans, she even signed my phone case twice, because she felt bad that the first signature came out too light (Like I said, SO NICE). Tori performed original songs as well as her fans’ favorite covers, such as, Thinkin’ Bout You and PYT.

Not only is Tori extremely talented, she is an amazing role model. During her set at The Sinclair she spoke about a new song she wrote called ‘Design.’ This song speaks about loving yourself for who you are, and not conforming to what society wants us to be. This is one of my favorite songs of hers, the lyrics are so raw and relatable. Tori explains all of her feelings about the song in this video:

You can find Tori on social media at: Youtube: YouTube.com/ToriKelly 

Twitter: Twitter.com/ToriKelly

Instagram: @Tori Kelly

Website: ToriKellymusic.com

Make sure you download her latest EP, you won’t regret it! 

Hey! My names Lyndsay, and I'm an 18 year old from Utica, New York. I'm really into music, acting, and I have a YouTube channel that I post videos of my self singing, for fun! Most of the things I write about have to do with makeup and music, hope you enjoy my articles!