Easy and Fun Halloween Decor!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and for those of you planning Halloween parties, you know it can be hard to find the right Halloween decorations to make your party great! Here are a few ideas to use to amp up your Halloween party and make it that much more memorable.

Fun Pumpkin Carvings

What’s a Halloween party without fun and festive pumpkins? While everyone will be doing the routine jack-o’-lantern faces, you can make cool and unique ones! And what could be better than a couple of cool celebrity pumpkin carvings? Here are a few pictures of awesome examples give you an idea.

Britney Spears

Justin Beiber

And Harry Styles

To see more celebrity carving ideas you can check them out here.

[pagebreak]

Stylish and Sophisticated Décor

Besides the fabulous pumpkins, you’re going to need other décor. This can be as simple as decorations from Party City, or you can really surprise everyone by showing off these fun decorations!

A black skull candle to give off a creepy ambiance!

Or a bat stenciled doormat to greet your guest at the door.

Some creepy pictures and beautiful and baroque styles frames that are spray-painted black.

And some spooky garland to hang up in all the rooms.

[pagebreak]

DIY Halloween Decorations

If you don’t want to shell out a lot of money for decorations this year you can always make your own. DIY decorations are unique and fun because you made them yourself! They can be simple or complex, and you can be as fun and creative as you want to. Here are some DIY Halloween decorations.

A hand cut “Boo” banner to tie the room together.

Cut out rats and stick them on your stairs to give your guests a good fright!

What’s easier than decorating empty milk jugs and filling them with lights to brighten up the walkway to your house or in the hall of your apartment?

And if you’re feeling extra creative, you can decorate different sized pumpkins and gourds to give a more sophisticated feel.

[pagebreak]

Themed Snacks and Drinks

And finally, what better way to make the décor at your party stand out than Halloween themed snacks and drinks to go along with it? There are a million recipes that you can find all over the Internet or in home magazines to help you with ideas. Here are a few to get you started!

Everyone loves cookies, so why not make them candy corn shaped? Cookies are quick and easy, and decorating them is always fun.

You can make an awesome dip. Pumpkin Fluff Dip is so tasty and delicious! And it’s easy to make. You can see the recipe here.

Halloween punch is delicious and simple to make. You can find various recipes online or create it however you’d like!

And if you’re 21 or older, having a themed cocktail will always be a memorable part of any party!

Pinterest and other sites will have many more ideas to help you plan your party. They are a great source of information to find ideas!

No matter what kind of Halloween party your throwing, it wont be complete without some creative and fun décor, so remember to have fun with it!

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.