From Drab to Fab: 3 Go-To Outfits for Fall and How to Spice Them Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Why should your pumpkin and gingerbread lattes be the only thing you spice up this fall? While autumn is a time of incredible trends, these colder months can often leave even the most dedicated fashionista in a rut. Some of the most simple staples can be transformed from bland to bold with these fun additions. When it comes to these eye-catching ensembles, sometimes more is more.

Chic in Chambrrray

Drab: Chambray Shirt and Nude Flats

[Taken from: Forever 21]

Fab: Add a crew neck sweater, statement necklace, and gold capped flats. Layering these dusty rose pieces over the basic button up adds fast feminine flare. The monochromatic theme keeps the major bling from surpassing outstanding to over-the-top.

[Taken from: J Crew, Amazon]

———————————————————————————————————————-

Hose Before Bros

Drab: Floral Dress, Tights, and Booties

[Taken from: Forever 21]

Fab: Add a cardigan, long necklace, patterned tights, and a heel. Swap out boring black tights for a fun, printed style, and fair-weather flats for sky high heels. A comfy cardi and powerful pendant add the finishing touches to this unconventional girly getup.

[Taken from: Forever 21, American Eagle]

Faux Fur, Fo Sure

Drab: Sweater, Leggings, Combat Boots

[Taken from: H&M, Aldo, Forever 21]

Fab: Add a Faux Fur Vest, Ear Cuff, and a Ballerina Bun. Take this monotonous moto-inspired look from lame to luxe with a glamourous gilet. Elevate the edginess even higher with an eccentric ear cuff (and a top knot ‘do to show it off).

[Taken from: Socialwardrobe.Blogspot.com, Bicyclette.to, Net-a-porter.com]

[Article Photos taken from Daily Mail and Socialwardrobe.Blogspot.com]