The Cold Shoulder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Crop tops have been dominating what collegiates wear for years, but this spring, cover up your midriff, and show off your shoulders! Off the shoulder wear was seen in many Spring 2016 shows, and these pieces can be worn during the day or during the night. Don’t kiss crop tops goodbye just yet, but say hello to this new trend!

H&M: $35

Since it’s still winter here in New England, you can start rocking the off-the-shoulder trend early by cozying up in this beige sweater. Perfect for those transitional winter-to-spring days where it’s freezing in the morning, warm in the afternoon.

ASOS: $24

You can’t go wrong with a basic black tee, and off the shoulder tops are no exception. Paired with jeans and a pair of Converse, you’ll be stylish and comfy.

Express: $20

This top is a little bit dressier than the one showed above. Pair it with some jeans and booties, and you’ll be good to go!

LULU’S: $32

Orange is spring’s hottest color of the spring season, so you’ll be combining two trends in one with this top! Wear it with light-wash jeans and a pair of wedges to dress it up.

Nordstrom: $99

Nothing screams spring quite like a maxi dress. Wear this dress with sandals during the day, and transition to night by switching out the sandals for a pair of wedges.

Nordstrom: $56

Still considered off the shoulder, this top offers a little bit more support by having the straps. Perfect for walking around the city at night, you could wear this top with sandals, or with wedges for a dressier look. 

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.  
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell