Chrissy Teigen: Celebrating one of HC Suffolk’s Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If you don’t know who Chrissy Teigen is by now, you’re living under a rock (looking at you, Mom, sorry). After following her on Twitter and Instagram for a few years, she has become my favorite celebrity, and person in general, honestly, to follow on social media. Not only is she hilarious, she keeps it real 100% of the time. From her first time in Sports Illustrated to recently becoming an author of a cookbook (which you all need), here is why we love Chrissy Teigen.

1.) She’s hilarious.

I know that I already said this, but it needs to be said again. I laugh out loud when I see some of her tweets, and her cook-book is chock full of jokes and anecdotes. 

2.) You can relate to her.

Sometimes when you see a celebrity’s Instagram or Twitter feed, it feels like they can be on a whole different planet in terms of what they post. With the exception of posting at events like the Golden Globes, Grammys, Chrissy comes off as down-to-earth, and it seems like you could actually be friends with her. Especially when it comes to talking about food or her dogs because, let’s face it, you feel the exact same way that she does.

3.) Chrissy and John Legend are #relationshipgoals.

Face it, you were probably more excited than normal when Chrissy and John announced they were expecting a baby. No? Just me? Okay. 

From looking fierce on the red carpets to fully supporting one another in every endeavor, Chrissy and John epitomize what a healthy and fun relationship looks like. We can’t wait to see how the family grows.

I didn’t know I needed a cheese wheel until I saw this Instagram post.

4.) The way she shuts down haters is par none.

Like any celebrity on social media, Chrissy has to deal with people who do not always keep their mean comments to themselves. Instead of ignoring them like some of her peers, Chrissy gives them a taste of their own medicine. See below:

5.) She. Can. COOK.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you need Cravings by Chrissy Teigen in your life. If you don’t want to buy it, just visit her website, where she shares a bunch of mouthwatering recipes.

Yukon Gold Smashies with Crispy Shallots:

Stretchy Artichoke, Spinach, & Buffalo Chicken Dip with Spiced Pita Chips:

Cornmeal Biscuits with Honey Butter:

There are so many more recipes that I could’ve included, but they were making me ridiculously hungry.

Love Chriss just as much as HC Suffolk? Tell us why!

Erin is a senior at Suffolk, majoring in public relations. She loves going out with her friends, catching up on her shows on Netflix, and although she's sad about graduating, she can't wait to see what the real world has to offer.