Celtics Dancer: Victoria!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

It’s just her second year at Suffolk, and she already has her name in lights as a Celtics dancer! Get to know Suffolk’s newest celebrity, Victoria!

Name: Victoria

Age: 19

Major: Communications

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Needham, MA

What is your favorite part about Suffolk?

Being in the middle of the city everyday!

What is your favorite hobby?

Well dance is my number one! Other than that, I really love doing community service work.

Are you involved in any other groups at Suffolk?

It’s hard this year with so many things going on to be more involved, but last year I was on Dance Company and I loved it!

What are your future goals?

After I graduate I hope to pursue dance further and then find a job that I enjoy!

On her dance career:

How long have you danced?

14 years

How has your experience been thus far on the Celtics dance team?

Celtics has been amazing so far! We put in a lot of work, and it’s definitely challenging, but it definitely all pays off.

What has been your biggest challenge?

My biggest challenge so far has probably been managing my time. There are only so many hours in the day! Being a full time student is hard to manage with dancing on the Celtics team, but it’s definitely teaching me a lot about planning ahead and having a set schedule.

What are you most exited for in dancing with the Celtics dance team?

Definitely dancing for the thousands of fans at the garden. It’s such an amazing feeling to be able to entertain people and put a smile on their face! 

Favorite genre of dance and why?

I love almost all styles of dance but I’d have to say ballet is my favorite. It’s really important to have strong ballet training!

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspiration really has to be my sister! We are so close, and I really look to her for advice and guidance. She is a Patriots cheerleader, which inspired me to audition for Celtics dance team.

Some quick fun facts:

Favorite movie?

I have always loved the Harry Potter series!

Favorite restaurant in Boston?

I love Limoncello in the North End.

Favorite holiday?

Definitely Christmas!

Fondest memory at Suffolk?

I will never forget move in day my freshman year!

Fun fact about yourself?

I can speak Greek! 

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.