Boston Calling 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Boston Calling will be back again for another awesome party in City Hall Plaza! The spring concerts will take place during Memorial Day weekend, May 23rd to May 25th. This will be the third Boston Calling, following shows last May and September. The festival has already brought some amazing bands to our very own Government Center, such as Fun., Of Monsters and Men, Matt and Kim, The National, The Shins, Young The Giant, Vampire Weekend, Kendrick Lamar, Major Lazer, Passion Pit, and many more.

This spring’s lineup was just released via a crazy scavenger hunt around Boston. Ten clues were released on bostoncalling.com about the location of 10 different vinyl records containing the then undisclosed lineup and a pair of weekend passes. Some of the places they hid the records were Parish Café on Boylston, Tasty Burger by Fenway, and The Middle East in Cambridge. The first person to unlock the clues and go to the location to snag the record won it.

(via @McWham on twitter)

Here is the official lineup. It is pretty impressive, especially if you’re into more of the indie rock scene:

Jack Johnson

Death Cab For Cutie

Modest Mouse

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Brand New

The Head and the Heart

Tegan & Sara

Bastille

Jenny Lewis

Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

The Neighbourhood

Phosphorescent

Built to Spill

Kurt Vile and The Violators

Walk off the Earth

Warpaint

Cass McCombs

Maximo Park

The Districts

TigermanWOAH!

Magic Man

These bands (plus one other headliner that has yet to be revealed) will be performing, and as Suffolk students, we are so excited to see some life to the normally vacant City Hall Plaza.

At the show there will be two huge stages on either end of the plaza for maximum music, an array of food and drink vendors set up, a beer garden with both beer and wine available, and a merchandise booth with Boston Calling t-shirts, posters, hats, etc. Some of the artists’ merchandise will be sold there too.

Tickets can be purchased here for the event. There is the option to buy a weekend pass, which is good for all three days ($175), a pass for just Saturday and Sunday ($135), or just Friday ($50). For an extra cost, these options can be upgraded to VIP. You must be 21+ for VIP, and amenities provided are an exclusive entrance, lounge access, hors d’oeuvres, private bar access, private restrooms, elevated viewing, and more.

If you’re interested…

This is an application to be a volunteer for the weekend. How cool would it be to volunteer at the city’s greatest music fest?!

Buy tickets soon! It’s going to be a great weekend right in our home city. For more info, visit bostoncalling.com. See you there!

Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.