This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

If you’re a lover of all things fashion, makeup, hair care and more, it can be quite difficult to keep up with what is currently trending or what’s new on the market. Also, as a lover of all things beauty, it can be expensive to constantly try new products and you can’t help but feel as though you’ve wasted money when they don’t work out. But, not to worry, there is an easy way that you can try new products without the overbearing costs. How? Subscription boxes! Subscription boxes are services that you pay monthly (ranging from $10-40 a month) to send you a package of makeup/skincare products, hair care products, even clothes, all to try out for a fraction of the cost. Want to subscribe but don’t know what to get? Here are the best subscription boxes.

Makeup

There are so many good options for makeup subscription boxes, although some are pricier than others. One of the most popular is the Ipsy Bag. Every month, Ipsy sends you a glam bag of trial size makeup items, skin care products, even nail polish all based on your online preferences for just $10 a month. Also in the $10 range is the Birch Box. Instead of a bag, every month Birch Box sends you a box of both trial size makeup and hair care products. On the pricier side, is BoxyCharm which is $21 a month. However, the price increase is worth it because BoxyCharm sends you a box of 4-5 full size makeup items. Finally, if you’re a makeup lover, Sephora is practically a second home to you. They offer a subscription box called Play! By Sephora that gives you 5 samples from their shelves as well as tips and free tutorials for just $10 a month!

Fashion/Lifestyle

What’s cool about subscription boxes is that you can even get clothes or home décor sent to you. It is the perfect way to experiment with new styles for both you and your home and try out new pieces on the market. FabFitFun is a brand that like the boxes above does send beauty products, but also sends full-size clothing, fitness and home products for $49.99. This box differs from the others as it is seasonal and comes 4 times a year. (1 box, every 3 months). Another service that provides a fashion subscription box is Gwynniebee. Their prices range to fit all types of budgets. They focus on your preferences by having you create a virtual closet and then pick pieces from there to send to you. They even provide you with the option to return the clothing if it is not to your liking and they send another piece!

Hair Care

Alongside clothes and makeup, there are even subscription boxes for your hair. While many of the beauty and lifestyle boxes feature hair care products in their mix, there are some boxes dedicated solely to hair products. They are pricier than beauty boxes, so these might be a better investment if your main focus is trying new hair products. For $19.99 a month plus $4.95 shipping, the eSalon Custom Color Box gives you everything you need to color and treat your hair at home. A CurlKit box is designed to help girls with curly hair learn to control their mane. It is on the pricier side of $25 a month but you get 6-9 full size products. Also in the $25 range is The Texture Mix. Their website quizzes you about your hair care preferences and then they send you five all natural products to cater to your needs!

Julia Demopoulos is a senior at Suffolk University majoring in print/web journalism and minoring in public relations. She is originally from Dracut, MA but currently resides in East Boston. In addition to being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk, Julia is also the Vice President for Program Council, Suffolk's programming board on campus. She is also an active member of Suffolk's Journey Leadership Program. Julia works in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a Trustee Ambassador (tour guide), and was an Orientation leader for Summer 2019.
.