Best New Drugstore Makeup of 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

It’s a new year, which means it’s time to leave the past behind and treat yourself to a fresh start. Though many dread this time of year due to the freezing temperatures and its proximity to “Single’s Awareness Day,” what better way to keep a positive outlook on the fabulous year ahead of you than with some new makeup? Drugstore beauty brands have come to the rescue by launching an assortment of new makeup in 2013 that is sure to inspire you to have the fantastic year you deserve. These products are the latest and greatest in budget beauty and are sure to not break the bank!

A frontrunner in the lipstick category is definitely the L’Oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain. Unlike many other glosses, this formula is creamy and opaque and has even been compared to the coveted YSL Glossy Stains. The only difference? YSL Glossy Stains are sold for $32 while the L’Oreal glosses run anywhere from $8 to $12, a true steal!

Now, when it comes to mascara, I’ve personally become addicted to collecting different brands and mixing and matching to create the perfect lash look. CoverGirl’s newest mascara, the Clump Crusher, looks like it will make a perfect addition to any girl’s collection. The volumizing mascara separates and lengthens lashes while remaining clump free after several layers. Retailing for about $8 at the drugstore, this product is sure to fly off the shelves. 

Revlon has recently released their new line of Nearly Naked foundation. The foundation is being compared to Urban Decay’s Naked Skin foundation due to its buildable coverage, lightweight feel, and its fresh-faced look. If you’re looking to save money on foundation without having to sacrifice quality, make sure to check out the Revlon Nearly Naked line. Unlike Urban Decay’s foundation ($38), the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation sells for a mere $10 and will definitely impress.

And finally, my favorite new makeup product launch has to be the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Collection. This limited edition collection is so beautiful and unique that it had to be mentioned. These cream eyeshadows are incredibly long-lasting and glide smoothly onto the lids. The wide selection of colors, from silky neutrals to a gorgeous navy blue, provide an impressive pigmentation that is definitely worth much more than the $6.99 price tag. I recommend that you snatch these up while you still can!

Academic Year: 2016Major: Public RelationsAstrological Sign: LibraEditorial team member, social media addict, and foodie.